Also announces GEMS World Academy (Singapore) as the first international school in Singapore to roll out Samsung MagicIWB Solution in all their classrooms
SINGAPORE – 24 July, 2014 – Samsung Electronics Singapore, today announced its B2B display solutions optimised for a variety of environments, including schools, retailers, offices, airports and hotels. Intended for the New Business Experience, the total solutions are smarter, better customised and differentiated, revolutionising the way businesses engage their end customers.
With the proliferation of new communications technologies, Samsung Display Solutions is transforming the way customers interact with businesses. In hand with the ongoing need for collaboration, communication and information consumption all in real time, Samsung provides businesses the ability to deliver differentiated experiences by integrating new formats, channels and solutions.
“We have set out to pioneer the New Business Experience. Our goal is to help more brands unlock the benefits of digital signage and make the transition from static signs to dynamic digital messaging,” says Andy Sim, General Manager, Enterprise Business, Samsung Electronics Singapore.
“A wide variety of displays are available from us to meet the various needs of our customers, from high-end displays with state-of-the art technologies and features, to entry-level displays with simpler design and essential functionality. As a total display solution provider, we also offer management software to better cater to the B2B display market that has transcended from being a simple hardware purchase to a total display solution market,” Andy added.
Leveraging the innovations, GEMS World Academy (Singapore) became the first international school in the country to fully integrate the Samsung MagicIWB (Interactive White Board) solutions in all their classrooms. The solution removes the need of using single-brand devices, enables teachers to integrate a wide range of student devices, and makes classroom collaboration easy and fun.
“As part of a leading international education network, the core goal of GEMS World Academy (Singapore) is to ensure that outstanding learning experiences are available for all of our students,” said David Edwards, Founding Education Principal, GEMS World Academy (Singapore). “The high level of interaction enabled by Samsung MagicIWB fits well with our style of teaching, which focuses on engaging students through various learning platforms. It allows a seamless learning experience as students and teachers move from working on their devices to effectively displaying content on the e-boards.”
Second Generation Samsung Smart Signage Platform (SSSP)
Also introduced today is the Samsung Smart Signage Platform (SSSP), an integrated platform for digital signage that eliminates the need for external media players.
The second generation SSSP streamlines the deployment process, saving time and money for businesses. It also offers improved power and additional functionality, allowing more capability and system integration than its predecessor.
· Equipped with an internal media player and MagicInfo, the second generation SSSP now offers users an interactive touch interface that eliminates the need for a cumbersome external hardware unit.
· Easy and Simple Content Development: Using WebAuthor, users can now change display contents easier than in previous solutions at anytime, anywhere.
· With built-in Wi-Fi® integration, a wireless connection to an external device enables control of the display’s hardware function so that users can easily share content from a mobile device directly onto the display.
A New Way of Presenting Information with Samsung MagicIWB
The integrated display solutions by Samsung have enabled new ways of presenting information that decrease operational costs and increase viewer engagement. With the introduction of the Samsung MagicIWB solution, an innovative software package consisting of three components that transform how information is presented in the classroom, Samsung has contributed to the digitisation of learning, extending the reach of display solutions to users in the education realm.
· MagicIWB (Board-i): This software transforms a touchscreen display into an interactive device equipped with assorted pen styles for maximum flexibility and convenience. It also supports a variety of media types to create an information-rich learning environment.
· MagicIMS (Interactive Management Solution): These presentation management tools enable educators to invite attendees, conduct votes and give exams. Files can be easily transferred from the display to individual devices, enabling fluid collaboration and information sharing.
· MagicIMS Agent: By downloading this application to their devices, attendees can select a class to attend, submit a question to the presenter and share files with the group, facilitating seamless communication between the presenter and the audience.
A Hassle-free Solution that Offers Premium Interactive Services to End Users
Also showcased at the event is the Samsung LYNK™ SINC, a simple content management solution (CMS) for the hospitality industry that allows businesses to keep control of their displays with minimum amount of hassle.
The solution enables businesses to deliver customised content such as hotel menus direct to the guests’ TV screen, helping build their service level by adding value via the in-room information.
· Televisions can be configured to display content, channels and messages to individual rooms or to the entire hotel, allowing hotel operators the flexibility to deliver a uniquely personalised and attentive service to the guests.
· Applications such as IP network will provide IPTV channels and customised content solutions without the need for an external set-top box (STB). The controlling unit is integrated into the main unit, thus saving money.
· Using the IP network, managers can turn TVs on or off remotely, and control firmware updates from a central location. They can also manage the CMS status via IP network as well as monitor the status of check-ins and check-outs.
Simple Video Wall Solution and Ultra-High Definition Large Format Displays (UHD LFDs)
The launch of Samsung Display Solutions was presented at "Samsung Display Art Gallery", an experiential space set up in partnership with established as well as up-and-coming artists including Krista Kim, Luke Elijah, Mohammed Zulkarnaen Othman@ZERO, and TraseOne.
Powered by Samsung simple video wall solution and UHD LFDs that enable unique, irregular and larger-than-life video wall display, the gallery demonstrated the possibilities of visual display technologies through the fusion of art & technology and the advantages brought forth by the technology.
· PC-less Video Wall Integration: With the second generation SSSP, Samsung’s video wall support enables content playback and scheduling without the need for a PC.
· Seamless Installation: Simply connect Samsung’s hassle free displays with DP cables and plug in a USB memory stick to create a single, large picture on the video wall.
· Remote control all display from a central point
· Ultra Narrow 3.5mm bezel to bezel video wall display enables business to create near-seamless video walls for a better viewing experience.
· Quality Picture Detail: Using Samsung’s UHD LFDs, businesses can show four times the detail available on FHD, suitable for luxury shops that provide consumers with an upgraded picture quality experience.
· Four Times the Picture: Four-way split screen functionality allows businesses to host video conferences and presentations, while data can be shared to several connected PCs.
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!