Epson Celebrates 25th Anniversary of 3LCD Technology with Exclusive Experiential Projection Showcase
Singapore, 10 October 2014 – Epson, a world leader in digital imaging and printing solutions, celebrated the 25th anniversary of its revolutionary 3LCD technology with an exclusive experiential projection showcase at 72-13 for invited guests and partners tonight.
As part of the celebration, Epson created an “E25 Command Centre” for guests to be immersed among cutting-edge projection applications using Epson’s projection technology features, such as edge blending, finger-touch, mirror casting and 360-degree projection. The world’s Number One Projector Brand for the past 13 years, and Singapore’s Number One Projector Brand for three years running, Epson showcased a combination of existing and newly launched projectors including:
- High brightness G-series projectors, such as the G6900WU, the G6550WU and the G6250W where edge blending were used to create large panoramic images showcasing key milestones of Epson’s 3LCD Technology.
- Epson’s EB-1430Wi ultra-short throw finger touch enabled business interactive projector was used to create a digital guestbook. Guests were able to use their fingers to pen down their well wishes, scroll, tap, re-size and rotate images.
- The “Command Centre” was brought to life with various projection applications. Three units of Epson’s EB-1975W projectors showcased their capabilities in achieving curved wall projections, as well as their multi-PC projection capability. Full HD video and sound were wirelessly transmitted easily from laptops and smart devices without any software installation through these projectors’ mirror casting feature.
- At the center of the Command Centre, two vibrant-colored pillars with multimedia robots glowed as 4 of Epson’s Z-Series high brightness business projectors consisting of EB-Z11000W, EB-Z9900W and EB-Z9800W, ranging from 8,300 to 11,000 lumens, demonstrated the beauty of portrait-mode projections.
- More than 10 EB-Z Series high brightness business projectors, including Epson’s newly-launched EB-Z11000W and EB-Z9870 lit up the main dining hall in style as they showcase dynamic 360-degree projections and a specially choreographed video mapping performance in the large indoor venue through the evening.
Celebrating 25 years of innovation and revolutionary technology
Key Epson executives celebrated the event and shared their views on the projection space. Said Mr Junichi Watanabe, Chief Operating Officer, Visual Products Operations Division, Seiko Epson Corporation, “Epson has extended its No.1 market position over the last 13 years. We expect those trends to continue, with both the market size and Epson’s share within it increasing. Epson is aiming to enrich communication in a wide range of situations, and we will continue to Create, Produce and Sell innovative products based on our customers’ needs in order to achieve this.”
Amidst the celebration of the 3LCD projection technology, Mr Koichi Endo, Managing Director of Epson Southeast Asia shared, “It is every engineer’s dream to create a technology that has far-reaching impact to consumers all over the world. As an engineer myself, I remember how excited I am when faced with a challenge to solve. I would often draw inspiration from my fellow colleagues, as we work together to constantly innovate and develop products for end users. Behind the success of a revolutionary technology lies the innovation and research by many professionals, putting their heads together to find practical yet relevant solutions for our customers.”
On Singapore’s strategic importance to Epson, Ms Tan May Lin, General Manager, Epson Singapore (Sales Division) noted, “While Singapore is small, it is an important market for Epson. It is a hub for the region, both geographically as well as in terms of new technology adoption. Asia is a region of high growth potential, and I am sure you will agree with me that other prominent technology players too, have chosen Singapore as one of the first few countries to launch new products, even ahead of markets such as the United States.”
The event saw 10 Excellence Awards given out to valued business partners for their outstanding performance and contribution to Epson’s projector business in Singapore. As part of the brand’s on-going commitment to give back to the community, Epson donated a set of its EB-595Wi 3LCD interactive projector, the World’s first, 3LCD touch-enabled interactive projector to the Association for Persons with Special Needs.
Epson expects the projector business to continue to be the center of its visual communications business. In addition to upcoming plans to launch new projector models for both the commercial and home theatre markets over the next five years, Epson will look to provide solutions for these areas: education, corporate, home entertainment and wearable technology. More information about Epson and its products are available onwww.epson.com.sg.
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!