Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Launches with Windows 10 Integration and OS X El Capitan Readiness, Up to 50 Percent Performance Improvements and Makes Microsoft’s Cortana Available to Mac Users in OS X
New Pro Edition is released to give developers, designers and power users
more tools and resources to be productive on a Mac
more tools and resources to be productive on a Mac
Singapore – August 19, 2015 – Parallels® (www.parallels.com/about), a global leader in cross-platform solutions and creator of industry-leading software for running Windows® applications on a Mac®, today launched Parallels Desktop® 11 for Mac (www.parallels.com/desktop). The release includes a new version of the software for developers, designers and power users, Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition. It also includes Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition, previously known as the Enterprise Edition.
The new editions of Parallels Desktop for Mac benefit from speed improvements of up to 50 percent, Travel Mode which extends battery life up to 25 percent while on the go, support for Windows 10 along with OS X® El Capitan readiness and a host of other features for both Windows and Mac users.
“Developers, designers and power users are one of the biggest audiences among our millions of Parallels Desktop for Mac customers,” said Jack Zubarev, Parallels president. “We’ve created Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition specifically for them and will continue to quickly innovate to help them stay more productive in their day-to-day work. Seamless experience has been the hallmark of Parallels Desktop since its inception. Today we further our commitment to innovation with Parallels Desktop 11—from Windows 10 and El Capitan integration to making Microsoft’s Cortana® available on Mac. We’ve made it easier than ever for our customers to run Windows on a Mac.”
Parallels Desktop 11 empowers Mac users to run Windows 10 and leverage the advantages of Microsoft’s intelligent personal assistant, Cortana, when using both Windows and OS X. This is the first time that Parallels Desktop has ever made a Windows feature available for OS X applications. Parallels Desktop 11 also provides experimental support for OS X El Capitan prior to its launch, and will fully support the platform shortly after its release to give users a seamless experience with the latest OSes.
“As Windows 10 and OS X El Capitan enter the market, it is essential for businesses, developers and consumers that need to be productive to use virtualization software to easily run both operating systems, so they can work effectively, regardless of their platform,” said Laura DiDio, Strategy Analytics director of research and consulting. “All three Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac editions provide the best tools to address respective customer audiences and deployment scenarios that seamlessly enable people to use the applications they need, regardless of platform.”
New Parallels Desktop 11 ease-of-use benefits include improved performance and battery life with the use of Travel Mode, which can easily be activated to optimize performance. When users are on the go and not connected to power, Parallels Desktop Travel Mode will automatically extend battery life by up to 25 percent by temporarily shutting off resources that drain power.
Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac offers tremendous speed performance improvements over the previous version for an even faster work experience, including1:
· Windows launch and shutdown is up to 50 percent faster
· File operations inside of Windows are improved by up to 20 percent
· Virtual machine suspend is up to 20 percent faster
· Travel Mode can increase battery life up to 25 percent
· Improved network performance
Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Pro Edition
Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Pro Edition (www.parallels.com/desktop) is a new version of the software specifically designed for developers, designers and power users, giving them the powerful tools they need for maximum productivity. The Pro Edition supports integration with popular developer tools including Docker, Visual Studio (plug-in), Chef and Jenkins, Vagrant, Guest OS debugging and network simulation. Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Pro Edition empowers users to run preview Windows machines and use nested virtualization for both Windows and Linux guests, making it the perfect tool for developers, power users and testers who need a variety of virtual machine environments, including simulation of more complex deployments.
Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition
Previously known as Parallels Desktop for Mac Enterprise Edition, Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition (www.parallels.com/business) includes all Pro Edition features, offering IT admins the most efficient means to enable their employees with Macs to run Windows applications.
The Business Edition builds upon Parallels Desktop’s award-winning solution by adding administrative features that enable IT departments to control and manage end user virtual machines as well as manage and administer licenses via the new Parallels License Management Portal. This exclusive feature provides IT administrators with vital information, such as license expirations, usage statistics, and real-time visibility into licensing activities, to easily manage all of their deployed licenses. Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition also supports business cloud services including Box, Dropbox for Business and OneDrive® Business.
Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac (www.parallels.com/desktop)
· Always on Cortana enables customers to use Microsoft’s virtual assistant with Mac applications, even when Windows 10 is not the forefront application
· Travel Mode extends the battery life by up to 25 percent by temporarily shutting off select resources that drain power
· Quick Look for Windows extends this cool Mac convenience to Windows documents and files
· New Force Touch gesture support enables a quick preview of files with Quick Look or the ability to look up the definition of an unknown word
· Improved Mac Window Controls include a new Coherence mode button
· Most recently used files list now can be viewed on the Mac regardless of where those files are stored: on the Mac, in a virtual machine, in the cloud or on a file server
· New easy printing with all Mac printer options support saves time with an intuitive solution for OS X users
· “New Item” support for creation of new files in Windows apps including Microsoft Outlook®, Excel® and Word
· Now users can easily cancel time-consuming virtual machine actions
· Mac location services are now available to Windows applications
· Automatic synchronization of the volume setting of a virtual machine with that of the Mac
· Enhanced file associations with smart notification messaging helps change file association in OS X
· Improvements in the setup and use of a virtual machine to directly access a Boot Camp® Windows partition—without rebooting
· One-time opportunity to upgrade to Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Pro Edition from Parallels Desktop 9 or 10 for $49.99 per year
· Improved Japanese keyboard—specific to the Japanese language edition only
Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Pro Edition (www.parallels.com/desktop)
All of the features of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac, as well as the following new and key features:
· Integration with key developer tools, such as Docker, Visual Studio (plug-in), Chef and Jenkins
· Support for Vagrant and other developer tools
· Additional user profiles for developers, power users and testers for optimal configuration for their particular scenarios
· Advanced networking tools and configuration for virtual networks to test complex networking scenarios, including the ability to simulate some network instabilities
· Cloud storage access through Box.net, Dropbox for Business and OneDrive Business, for sharing from Windows to Mac
· Headless mode for running virtual machines in the background without user interface
· Ability to create linked clones to conserve disk space and optimize installations
· Enhanced memory (64 GB RAM) and processing power (16 vCPU) for improved performance
· Nested virtualization for Linux guests
· Modern.IE test environments in the Parallels New Virtual Machine Wizard provide access to free trials of browsers for testing
· 24/7 phone and email support
Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Business Edition (www.parallels.com/business)
All of the features of the Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Pro Edition, as well as the following key additions:
· Centralized administration and management capabilities to keep IT in control of virtual machines
· Web-based Parallels License Management Portal with a single activation key to eliminate manual management of individual license keys
· Business-level support, including prioritized 24/7 phone and email support options
· USB devices policy enforcement for additional security
Availability and Pricing
Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac is available now to both current and new Parallels Desktop for Mac users at www.parallels.com/desktop worldwide, and at local retailers including Challenger, EpiCentre, Harvey Norman, iStudio, NuBox and other Apple resellers in Singapore.
Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Pro Edition is available online at www.parallels.com/desktop and at the Apple online store.
Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Business Edition is available through commercial resellers.
The recommended retail price (RRP) of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac is S$108.00. Upgrades for existing Parallels Desktop 9 or 10 for Mac customers are S$68.00, with an introductory offer to upgrade to a Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition subscription for S$68.00 per year available from www.parallels.com/desktop.
Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Pro Edition and Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Business Edition are available to new customers for $134.00 per year. Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition includes a complimentary Parallels Access (www.parallels.com/access) subscription to remotely access their Mac from any device.
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!