Nokia Networks’ launches help operators execute strategic decisions in cloud transformation #NetworksPerform
- Identifies the best way to gear up network operations for the telco cloud
- Containerized data center supports local telco and IT services anywhere in a network
- Intelligent Service Chaining for rapid scaling and deployment of network services
- Customized care packages for dedicated one-stop support for telco cloud maintenance
Espoo, Finland – 7 September 2015
With an array of telco cloud launches, Nokia Networks is helping operators to focus on practical ways to rapidly set up high quality subscriber services with extremely low costs. In the operators’ telco cloud transformation journey, we help them to take strategic decisions on strategy, infrastructure, resource utilization and care with the new Nokia OSS Office for Telco Cloud, the Nokia AirFrame Data Center Solution (now also available in a container), the intelligent Nokia Service Chaining and Nokia cloud wise Care Services.
Nokia’s new telco cloud products and services help operators maximize the benefits of cloud technology and also assist their telco cloud deployment strategy.
Overview of the launches:
- On strategy: The Nokia OSS Office for Telco Cloud solution charts an operator’s best path for transforming its network and service operation centers for the telco cloud; from high level strategy to processes, tools and use cases. It is a comprehensive service that allows operators to define and validate their telco cloud strategy and deployment plans, define the best tools and processes for OSS, create value-based business cases, and support operator build-up of processes, tools and skills.
- On Infrastructure: The Nokia AirFrame Data Center Solution* is now available as a containerized solution with an efficient power and cooling system built-in. It can simply be dropped into place to cater for peak demand or to provide localized telco and IT services. A software-defined storage (SDS) module has also been introduced to provide flexible data storage pools within the data center environment.
- On resource utilization: Nokia Service Chaining** provides greater efficiency and management through a virtualized service environment for the delivery of network services. Dynamic service functions, such as firewalls and media optimizers, can easily address peak loads and intelligently steer traffic. These scalable and best-of-breed functions can be implemented within the telco cloud at a fraction of the cost required for conventional networks. Nokia also launched third party appliance certification as well as implementation and integration services for service chaining.
- On cloud care: Nokia cloud wise Care Services*** features two new service packages to help operators run and maintain their deployed telco cloud networks. Nokia Resolution Prime Services provides operators with a convenient single point of contact and service management for resolving VNF faults within a complex multivendor telco cloud network. Nokia TotalCare for VMWare, a newly launched care package, supports operators’ VMWare deployments with an extended SLA covered by the company.
Deepak Harie, Vice President Systems Integration at Nokia Networks, said: “Wherever operators are on their cloud transformation journey, Nokia has the solutions and expertise, all the way from strategy to migration to maintenance. Our extensive and open cloud portfolio helps operators in making important decisions towards the most efficient processes, services and solutions across all cloud domains. With Nokia Telco Cloud, operators will be able to achieve maximum benefits from telco and IT convergence.”
Did you know?
While the benefits of the telco cloud are clear, the transition for operators is complex and cannot be completed in a single step. A comprehensive plan with multiple phases is a key criteria for smooth transformation and requires thorough analysis of the impact on the entire value chain.
Click here to download the Nokia Networks Service Chaining infographic.
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!