NEC introduces new technology to secure and store sensitive data across external clouds storage services at GovernmentWare 2015
Singapore, 6 October 2015 – NEC Asia Pacific will showcase how its suite of cybersecurity technologies and advanced biometrics solutions can help governments and enterprises better cope with sophisticated cyberattacks at the 24th GovernmentWare (GovWare) in Singapore. The event is held from 6 - 8 October 2015 at the Suntec International Convention & Exhibition Centre, Booth K08.
In line with its vision as a company providing solutions for society, NEC will showcase how its latest advanced technologies can support the development of urban and industrial infrastructure, thereby creating safe and smarter cities for tomorrow.
During the event, NEC will introduce a new technology concept called “Secure Multi-Cloud Gateway” which comprises a suite of solutions that will seamlessly secure sensitive files and data over heterogeneous cloud domains using silicon biometrics, a state-of-the-art identity identification system, which is set to be a game-changer for organizations that place high priority on identity management and authentication. Governments and enterprises utilizing this technology can then be assured of the safe sharing of information resources online via private and public cloud storage domains.
The NEC booth will feature the following solutions:
NEC's Cyber Security team possesses the know-how and capability of securing your key information assets. NEC utilizes a layered, integrated threat mitigation strategy to protect information assets at all levels and for different circumstances, tailoring our suite of solutions to meet the needs of the individual customer or organization, working in either a greenfield or legacy environment.
1. Cyber Security Factory: Cyber Security Factory is NEC Corporation’s Managed Security Service package, offering a wide range of security services, including round the clock professional surveillance of networks and websites, forensic services for investigating malware sources and information leakage, and realistic team-based training for cyber defenders. More details here
2. Cyber Range: Dynamic hands-on training platform for Cyber Defenders used in testing and validating large-scale IT security solutions in a virtual environment.
3. Secure Multi-Cloud Gateway: Secure and reliable primary storage over multiple cloud providers to access sensitive data or files
4. Secure Mobile Communications: Encryption solution for voice and data
NEC is proud to showcase its world's No. 1* rated face matching technology. The following three products will be demonstrated:
1. NeoFace® Watch: A high performance face recognition software application for real-time video surveillance, offline video face search and high volume photo face search
2. NeoFace® Reveal: A software application for forensic application dedicated to solving crimes using facial recognition technology. It is available as a standalone solution or integrated with the NEC biometric identification system
3. NeoFace® Smart ID: A smart phone and tablet-based solution that enables collection and identification of fingerprint, face, voice, demographic and other source data mainly used in field application
“With a proven track record in over 50 countries and regions globally, NEC has been working with governments and enterprises across the region to deliver customized public safety solutions. With recent highly publicized cyber attacks involving hacking and disclosure of private data in both private and public sectors, cyber attacks are a serious issue. Leveraging on NEC technologies and tools, customers can safely secure their information systems, thus providing a safe environment for data exchange; promoting ideas and encouraging innovation in a Smart Nation.” said Mr Tan Boon Chin, Managing Director, Global Safety Division, NEC Corporation.
Dr Paul Wang, Chief Technology Officer and Head of Strategy & Management for the Global Safety Division, will also be presenting the theme of “A Cryptographic Look at Cloud Computing for Smart and Safer Cities” on 7th October 2015 at 4.15pm(MR 300-302, Level 3). Dr Wang will speak on the challenges and security issues related to cloud computing, followed by a sneak preview of NEC’s “Secure Multi-Cloud Gateway”, an innovative concept of securing sensitive files and data over heterogeneous cloud domains.
*Ranked top in speed and accuracy in the FRVT2013 tests conducted by the US National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!