CeBIT announces Australian-first live stream of keynote sessions
Hannover Fairs Australia, organisers of CeBIT Australia - the largest business technology tradeshow in the region, has today announced this year’s keynote conference sessions will be live streamed to anyone with access to the Internet.
Harvey Stockbridge, Managing Director at Hannover Fairs Australia, explained the incorporation of live streaming was a result of the show’s new format for 2016.
“This year’s event is all about shaping the business technology landscape and live streaming goes hand in hand with that notion. Technology and business leaders have come to expect consumer-grade capabilities of streaming video through their experiences with YouTube and Netflix; simple, easy-to-access and a seamless viewing experience whether they’re in a boardroom or the back of a taxi.
“Last year we achieved enormous reach, over 6 million, via the event’s social media channels. This year, with the incorporation of our non-geotargeted (meaning anyone, anywhere with an internet connection can view this footage) live streaming capabilities, we expect to blow this number out of the water.
“Our live streaming partner – Viocorp – has a solid track record in matching business technology requirements to the consumer-grade live-streaming experience, which will only enhance our ability to connect CeBIT’s keynote speakers to a much broader audience – not just across Australia, but across the globe – in real time!” said Mr Stockbridge.
The keynote sessions that will be available to watch online include:
- The Hon. Mike Baird MP – Premier of New South Wales - opening ministerial presentation
- Clover Moore – Lord Mayor of Sydney – opening ministerial presentation
- Kathryn Parsons - Co-Founder & Co-CEO of Decoded - The Future is being Written in Lines of Code
- Dr Bernard S. Meyerson - Chief Innovation Officer at IBM - The Cognitive Era; AI (Accessible Intelligence) Comes Of Age
- Scott Anthony - Managing Partner at Innosight - Solving the Transformation Equation - Harnessing transformation and disruption for strategic innovation
- Scott Monty – ex-head of social media (Global Digital and Multimedia Communications Manager) at Ford Motor Company - Fulfilling the Promise of Digital: How humanizing your business drives attention and trust
- Ross Dawson - Australian entrepreneur, keynote speaker, strategy advisor, and bestselling author - Platform Strategy - The changing structure of value creation
- Shara Evans - cutting edge technology futurist, commentator, strategy advisor and thought leader - CyberCrime: From SciFi to boardroom threat - Where the challenges lie in the digital future!
This is the first year CeBIT Australia has broadcast any of its sessions to an audience beyond the event location using Viocorp’s Viostream adaptive bitrate streaming to ensure a great user experience regardless of network connectivity or device.
Greg Miner, CEO of Viocorp, said this new partnership recognises Viocorp’s capability in delivering must-not-fail live streams in the world of business communications.
“We’re excited to bring our experience in live-streaming innovation gained through TEDx Sydney and Amazon Web Services’ re:Invent to CeBIT Australia, heightening and enriching how Australian business technology leaders engage with the event,” concluded Mr Miner.
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!