Preparing Singapore's Children For Our Smart Nation
- Singapore, 3 February 2016 – Computers and computing devices are deeply embedded in our daily lives. Computing advances like Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Everything continue to revolutionize the way we live and work. A key skill of the future will be the ability to integrate human creativity and insight with machine computing power. Savvy countries are spending billions to transform themselves into Smart Nations with citizens proficient in the logic and language of computers.
- At Jules Ventures Private Limited ("JULES"), we prepare children for the digital future by using games to teach Computational Thinking ("CT"). JULES is the software enabler to the hardware infrastructure of Singapore's Smart Nation.
- On 18 February 2016, after nine months in stealthmode development, JULES will launch the world's first Computational Thinking game curriculum, “School of Fish”, targeting preschoolers. The launch presentations will take place at the Meeting Point @ JTC LaunchPad, located next to Block 71, Ayer Rajah Crescent at 10am, 12pm, 2:30pm and 5pm.
- CT is problem solving in a logical way that people and computers can understand. By learning CT through games, children can: 1) Recognize patterns (Pattern Recognition), 2) Break problems down into smaller parts (Decomposition), 3) Apply a sequential solution (Algorithmic Thinking); and 4) Reapply this thought process to other similar problems (Abstraction), in a fun and engaging way.
- “Building a strong cognitive foundation during the early childhood years will allow a child's potential to be fully realized. Learning Computational Thinking during this phase will therefore fundamentally change how children think and solve problems for the rest of their lives. Their outlook will never be the same again,” said Mr Lim Wee Kiat, Chief Education Officer.
- “Like math and language, Computational Thinking will become a basic skill in the new digital economy. We believe our revolutionary gamebased School of Fish Computational Thinking syllabus will become the gold standard in teaching Computational Thinking skills and prepare children to become digitally fluent when the Smart Nation vision is a reality.” said Mr Jonathan Chan, Founder.
- JULES believes that acquiring CT competency is a fundamental human right for the digital future, and the School Of Fish is made available to everyone with access to the internet and a mobile device and tablet.
- “My charitable foundations were created on the premise of promoting social equality. I believe JULES’ mission to enable all children with Computational Thinking competency is a worthy cause,” said Dr Eric Xu, CoFounder of Baidu, Philanthropist and Advisor.
- We welcome the public to join our presentation and activities on both days as follows:
- Thursday, 18 February 2016: 10am, 12pm, 2:30pm, 5pm
- Friday, 19 February 2016: 10am, 12pm, 4pm
- The two day event will feature School of Fish, our gamebased CT curriculum. Visitors can look forward to product demonstrations and experience playing the game. Educators and children from partner preschools will be joining the launch on 19 February 2016 from 10am to 4pm.
- For more information, please visit our website at www.jules.sg
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!