Dell Security Multi-Engine Approach Advances Sandboxing Beyond Threat Detection to Complete Prevention with New SonicWALL Capture Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) Service
· Industry-first, multi-engine approach to advanced threat analysis—that also supports prevention—delivers critical layer of defense to protect organizations from increasing dangers of unknown threats identified in the Dell Security 2016 Threat Report
· Alarming rise in shape-shifting threat tactics and zero-day attacks drives strong customer and partner demand for Dell SonicWALL Capture Service
· At RSA Conference, Dell to demonstrate the unmatched ability of SonicWALL Capture ATP Service running on SonicWALL firewalls to not simply detect, but block, advanced threats at the gateway until a verdict is reached
Singapore, Mar. 1, 2016 –Dell today at RSA announced the launch of the Dell SonicWALL Capture Advanced Threat Protection Service, which enhances organizations’ ability to safeguard against today’s shape-shifting cyber threats. Taking a first-to-market, adaptive, multi-engine sandboxing approach, Dell Security is incorporating the VMRay third-generation Analyzer threat detection analysis engine with the Lastline Breach Detection platform and the Dell SonicWALL Sonic Sandbox threat analysis engine, to deliver a three-layer level of defense that organizations need to safeguard against today’s unknown threats. This new cloud offering reinforces the commitment Dell Security has made to delivering comprehensive protection against the meteoric growth of zero-day attacks targeting businesses today, as identified in the Dell Security 2015 Threat Report. The Dell SonicWall Capture Service will be showcased this week at RSA.
Today, organizations of every size are targeted by a diverse range of cyber criminals who continually seek, find and exploit security holes in applications and infrastructure to gain access to the network, often perpetrating serious harm within minutes. According to the newly published 2016 Dell Security Annual Threat Report, the Dell SonicWALL Threat Research Team documented a 73 percent increase in unique malware samples collected over the previous year. Most of these threats were targeted, evasive and zero-day attacks found across computing systems and devices.
With smarter threats and malware often designed to detect the presence of a virtual sandbox and evade discovery, organizations need an intelligent, advanced threat detection system that not only analyzes the behavior of suspicious files, but also uncovers hidden malware without being detected itself.
Industry analyst firm Gartner stated, “IT risk and security leaders must invest in technical, procedural and human capabilities to detect when a compromise occurs. They must provide the tools for first responders to react quickly and investigate the source and impact of breaches, compromises and incidents.”
Evasion-proof protection against zero-day and advanced persistent threats
The triple combination of VMRay Analyzer and Lastline Breach Detection with Dell SonicWALL Sonic Sandbox sandboxing engines, which analyzes suspicious objects in parallel, delivers a virtually evasion-proof security solution that not only analyzes the file and reports malicious file behavior, but automates security by blocking malware at the gateway until a verdict is determined. SonicWALL Capture conducts not only virtual sandbox analysis, but also full system emulation and hypervisor-level analysis across all key OS environments, and file types for virtually any file size. Further infiltration of the identified malware/threat is prevented with fast deployment of remediation signatures through the Dell SonicWALL GRID, Dell Security’s cloud forensics platform that leverages real-time analytics from more than one million connected next-generation firewalls (NGFWs) worldwide. The service scales to specific organizational needs by leveraging the cloud subscription service delivery model, which works in concert with all Dell SonicWALL NGFWs.
Han Chon, director, Security and Endpoint Systems Management, Dell Asia Pacific & Japan.
“With the new Dell SonicWALL Capture service, Dell Security is offering the most effective advanced persistent threat (APT) prevention solution in the market, and this service a significant proof point in our strategy to integrate best-of-breed partners into our Connected Security platform. It gives our customers and partner’s access to the latest leading detection technologies, integrated with Dell SonicWALL next-generation firewalls to provide more comprehensive and proactive security solutions.
The meteoric rise of various types of targeted, evasive and zero-day threats across computing systems and devices means both organizations and individuals have a keen interest in protecting themselves before these threats reach the point of destruction. With the launch of this advanced threat protection service, Dell Security is addressing our customers’ real and urgent need to detect these threats across every key attack vector, with a scalable service that quickly delivers value in any customer environment from the moment it’s turned on. It’s clear that today’s threat landscape requires more protection capability than it did even six months ago, and the overwhelming customer demand we have seen for this beta program coupled with strong initial results is evidence that this adaptive multi-technology/multi-vendor sandboxing service is the right approach to addressing this pressing need.”
· The Dell SonicWALL Capture ATP Service solution is currently in a comprehensive beta evaluation and will be available for purchase by mid-year 2016.
· Sign up here to participate in the Dell SonicWALL Capture ATP Protection Service beta program.
· For more information on Dell SonicWALL Capture ATP Protection service, go here.
· Dell Security solutions are available in Singapore, both direct and through channel partners.
· Register here for the upcoming Dell Security Peak Performance Channel Partner Virtual Event on March 17
· Dell Security: http://software.dell.com/
· Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/
· Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/
· LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/
· Dell Software YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/
 “Shift Cybersecurity Investment to Detection and Response,” Ayal Tirosh and Paul Proctor, January 7, 2016
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!