Equinix Provides Direct Access to F5 Networks DDoS Protection Solution via Equinix Cloud Exchange
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and today announced that F5 Networks has joined the Equinix Cloud Exchange™ to provide direct, scalable and reliable access to its F5 Silverline®cloud-based DDoS protection solution inside Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers across the Americas, Europe and Asia. By joining the Cloud Exchange, F5 enables enterprise customers in each of these markets to seamlessly access “scrubbed” data in a low-latency, secure and scalable environment.
DDoS attacks are increasing in scale and complexity, and are not expected to slow down any time soon. To prevent these attacks from reaching the enterprise network, organizations need a hybrid solution for cloud-based mitigation in addition to on-premises protection. In fact, in a recent report by F5, The State of Application Delivery, 81 percent of respondents cited plans to move toward hybrid cloud environments to leverage the flexibility and potential cost savings it offers. By working with Equinix, F5 ensures that its customers have the ability to create that hybrid defense solution in a secure and high-performance environment while also providing the ability to create a multi-cloud deployment model.
· F5 Silverline DDoS Protection is a managed service delivered via the F5 Silverline cloud-based platform. It detects and mitigates DDoS attacks in real time, with industry-leading attack mitigation methods and bandwidth to stop even the largest of volumetric DDoS attacks from ever reaching the enterprise network. Current customers using Equinix Cloud Exchange for multi-cloud deployments can now subscribe to the F5 DDoS mitigation service.
· Equinix Cloud Exchange provides an option above other post-mitigation traffic delivery methods such as GRE tunnels, L2VPN, or cross connects, allowing for scalable, reliable, high performance private traffic delivery from F5 Silverline to the customer during mitigation.
· The F5 Silverline DDoS Protection solution is available on Cloud Exchange in Frankfurt, Singapore, Silicon Valley and Washington, DC. Availability on Cloud Exchange provides F5 customers improved performance and scale compared to other post-mitigation delivery methods, including public Internet and L2VPN. Additionally, the Cloud Exchange provisioning portal offers simple and streamlined configuration of the F5 Silverline DDoS Protection clean traffic delivery path.
· Equinix Cloud Exchange customers will have access to F5 Silverline DDoS Protection managed service to defend assets from all DDoS attack threat vectors, obtain Security Operations Center (SOC) expert advice 24x7x365, and gain attack mitigation insights with the F5 Customer Portal before, during, and after an attack.
· Equinix and F5 will be hosting a webinar, “How to keep your business online during a DDoS attack” on Wednesday, May 25, froDT. For more information, click here.
· “We are thrilled to be working with Equinix to help safeguard enterprises against the rising tide of DDoS attacks. To best protect enterprise applications and data, today’s CISOs need both an on-premises solution that satisfies the network operations team, while also incorporating a cloud-based component to defend against massive DDoS incidents. A hybrid solution, with Equinix Cloud Exchange at the access point and F5 Silverline DDoS Protection, is the ideal solution.”
· Learn more about F5 Silverline DDoS solutions [website]
· Protect Against Evolving DDoS Threats: The Case for Hybrid [white paper]
· Attend F5 Silverline DDoS Protection and Equinix Cloud Exchange webinar [link to webinar sign-up]
· Learn more about Equinix Cloud Exchange [website]
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!