Supermicro® Exhibits New Storage, Cloud and NVMe Solutions for Intelligent Computing Ecosystems at Computex 2016
Latest Technology and Architecture Innovations Including 8-Way System, High Density Blade and Embedded IoT Solutions Optimized for Next Generation Enterprise, Cloud, and HPC Infrastructure
Taipei, Taiwan, 30 May 2016- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in total infrastructure solutions for Intelligent Computing Ecosystems will exhibit its full range of server, storage and networking solutions this week at Computex 2016 in Taipei, Taiwan. Supermicro’s showcase highlights the advantages of their broad product portfolio to address the growing performance, efficiency, density and manageability demands across Enterprise, Cloud, HPC and Embedded IoT infrastructure environments.
At the show, Supermicro will debut its new 7U 8-Way MP SuperServer® and 3U MicroBlade systems with extremely compute density, supporting up to 14x Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 family DP servers. Their latest SuperStorage architecture innovations include the 2U Simply Double solutions supporting 48x hot-swap 2.5” NVMe and SAS SSD bays or 24x 3.5” HDD bays and 4U 90/60x 3.5” top-load, hot-swap SAS3 full redundancy SuperStorage systems in server or JBOD configurations.
Exhibits also include the industry’s broadest range on NVMe server/storage solutions, 2U Ultra, 2U TwinPro, 4U FatTwin series SuperServers, 3U MicroCloud, 6U/3U MicroBlade, and Embedded IoT products. Additional product featured include UP motherboards supporting the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600/1600 v4 and v3 product families, Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v5 product family, Intel® Xeon® E3-1500 v5 family, Intel® Xeon® processor D-1500 product family, 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 processor families, and Intel® Atom™ processor family; DP motherboards supporting Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family, Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor based systems, 1/10/25/40/100GbE and Intel® Omni-Path Architecture 100G network switches Server Management Software and server-class gaming systems.
“Supermicro leads the industry with the highest density all-flash NVMe storage solutions accelerating Cloud and Big Data workload performance up to 10x,” said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. “Our future forward approach disrupts the traditional storage architecture, empowering next generation business solutions. This leadership position extends to our comprehensive range of server, storage and networking products optimized for Enterprise, Cloud, HPC and Intelligent Computing Ecosystems, driving the latest advancements in technologies such as CPUs, GPUs, NVMe, M.2, and Ruler Flash storage first to market.”
Supermicro Computex Exhibits
· 7U 8-Way (MP) SuperServer® – Latest generation Supermicro 8-Way multi-processor (MP) system features 8x CPU modules and 2x storage modules. Each CPU module supports future Intel® Xeon® product family (former codename Broadwell-EX), and Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8800 v3 product family w/ QPI up to 9.6 GT/s, up to 24x DDR4 memory DIMMs (total 192x DDR4 DIMMs for complete system), 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x16) (GPU supported) or optional 2x 2.5” hot-swap U.2 NVMe. 2x storage modules each supporting 6x hot-swap 2.5” HDD/SSD, 3x 3.5” HDD or optional 10x 2.5” HDD/SSD, and 1x PCI-E (x8 in x16) and optional RAID card. Chassis supports 5x rear hot-plug FHHL PCI-E 3.0 (x8 in x16) modules, SIOM expansion with 4x 10GbE and 1x 1GbE IPMI ports, and 5x redundant (N+1) 1600W Titanium Level high efficiency (96%+) power supplies. Solution is optimized for mission-critical workloads in scale-up HPC, in-memory computing, and large-scale virtualization.
· 7U SuperBlade® – Advantages include maximum density with 20 DP nodes in 7U, affordability, reduced management costs, lower power consumption, optimal ROI, and high scalability. Modules support latest Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v4 product family and are available in 20 GPU/ Intel® Xeon Phi® coprocessor Blade; 2x NVIDIA® Tesla®, NVIDIA® M40, M60, K80 or Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor cards per blade server (SBI-7128RG-X/-F/-F2), 3x NVIDIA Tesla® GPU per blade server (SBI-7127RG3), Data Center Blade (SBI-7428R-C3N, SBI-7428R-T3N), TwinBlade® (SBI-7228R-T2F/-T2F2/-T2X), Storage Blade with NVMe support (SBI-7128R-C6N) solutions. Chassis feature industry’s only hot-swap NVMe solutions, hot-plug switch modules supporting InfiniBand FDR/QDR, 10/1 GbE, FCoE, chassis management module (CMM) and redundant 3000W/2500W/1620W (N+1, N+N), hot-swap Platinum Level digital power supplies.
· 3U/6U MicroBlade – designed for best advantages over many industry standard architectures with all-in-one total solution, ultra high density, ultra low power consumption, best performance per watt per dollar, high scalability, high scalability and best ease of service. The MicroBlade enclosure can incorporate 1 Chassis Management Module, and up to 2x 10/2.5/1GbE SDN switches in 3U or up to 2 Chassis Management Modules, and up to 4 SDN Switches in 6U for efficient, high-bandwidth communications. It can incorporate up to 4 or 8 redundant (N+1 or N+N) 2000W/1600W Titanium/Platinum Level high-efficiency (96%+/95%+) power supplies with cooling fans.
o MBI-6119G-C4 – 28 Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v5 product family nodes per 6U (up to 196 computing nodes per 42U) or 14 nodes per 3U with 4x 2.5" SAS SSD, RAID 0, 1, 1E, 10.
o MBI-6219G-T – 56 Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v5 product family nodes per 6U (up to 392 computing nodes per 42U rack) or 28 nodes per 3U with 2x 2.5" SSD per node.
o MBI-6218G-T41X/-T81X – 56 Intel® Xeon® Processor D-1581/1541 (Broadwell-DE) product family nodes per 6U (up to 392 computing nodes per 42U rack) or 28 nodes per 3U with up to 16 cores and integrated 10GbE per node.
o MBI-6118G-T41X – 28 Intel® Xeon® Processor D-1541 (Broadwell-DE) product family nodes per 6U (up to 196 computing nodes per 42U rack) or 14 nodes per 3U with 8 cores and integrated 2x 10GbE.
o MBI-6128R-T2/-T2X – 28 Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v4 product family DP nodes per 6U (up to 196 computing nodes per 42U rack) or 14 nodes per 3U with 1GbE and 10GbE options.
o MBI-6118D-T2H/-T4H – 28 Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v4 product family and 4th Generation Core™ i3 product family nodes per 6U (up to 196 computing nodes per 42U rack) or 14 nodes per 3U with Iris Pro Graphics and 4x 2.5" SSD, RAID 0,1.
o MBI-6418A-T7H/-T5H – 112 nodes Intel® Atom™ Processor C2750/2550 product families per 6U (up to 784 computing nodes per 42U rack) with up to 8 cores and integrated 2x 2.5 GbE per node.
· 2U Ultra SuperServers – Designed to deliver unrivaled performance, flexibility, scalability, and serviceability that is ideal for demanding Enterprise workloads. Supports Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 and v3 product families (160W/up to 22 Cores), up to 1.5TB of memory in 24 DIMMs, SATA3 with optional SAS3 and NVMe support for increased storage bandwidth, Ultra Riser options available which includes built-in 1G, 10GBASE-T, 10G SFP+, 40G, and InfiniBand options, and Redundant Titanium Level (96%+) power supplies.
· 2U TwinPro™/TwinPro²™ SuperServers – Optimized for high-end Enterprise, HPC cluster, Data Center, and Cloud Computing environments, designed for ease of installation and maintenance with highest quality for continuous operation at maximum capacity. Supports Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 and v3 product families.
· 3U MicroCloud – Available in 24/12/8-node configurations, supporting Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4, v3 and v2 product families, Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v5, v4 and v3 product families, 4th and 5th Generation Intel® Core™ processor families, Intel® Xeon® processor D-1541, Intel® Atom™ processor families.
· 2U Simply Double SuperStorage – Solutions offer up to twice the storage capacity and IOPS in the same amount of space of traditional 2U front load storage systems. Second set of drive bays are arrayed in a patented Riser Bay located on the top of the Simply Double systems for easy access and servicing. Available in 2.5" or 3.5" drive bays, and that also support All-Flash NVMe SSDs or SAS 3.0 HDDs. Feature two additional rear 2.5" hot-swap drive bays, 3x PCI-E 3.0 slots, redundant Titanium Level (96%+) high-efficiency power supplies, and support for the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 and v3 product families.
· Embedded IoT Solutions – Application optimized, cost-effective, long-life, and ideal for space-constrained applications. Supermicro's highly dense yet compact server designs provide excellent networking, storage and I/O expansion. Embedded server and storage solutions are ideal for Network and Storage appliances, Industrial Automation (IPC), Digital Security and Surveillance and other variety of other applications to connect the Intelligent world from devices to the cloud.
· All-Flash NVMe SuperStorage Solutions – Unrivaled for the widest variety of systems in the industry. Supermicro server solutions with NVMe target HPC, Oil and Gas, 3D modeling and Graphical design workstation, HFT, SQL Database, Search Engine, High Security Encryption datacenter, VDI, Aerospace and Automobile design center, Cluster and Supercomputer applications; in Cloud, Virtualization, and Enterprise environments. Benefits include large throughput gains (6x), substantial latency improvements (7x), shared common backplane improves flexibility of drive choice, 2.5" U.2 (SFF-8639) form factor for improved serviceability vs. PCI-E Flash cards (hot-swap), Improved power efficiency.
· NVIDIA® Tesla® GPU Accelerator-based Solutions – Supermicro’s Enterprise-class High Performance SuperComputing solutions are available in the industry’s broadest form factors and highest density (1U, 4x Pascal SYS-1028GQ-TXR/-TXRT) generating massively parallel processing power and unrivaled GPU peering via 80GB/s NVLINK for Machine Learning applications. Solutions support the latest NVIDIA Tesla M10/M40/M60 and the Pascal Tesla P100 GPU accelerators.
· Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor-based Solutions – Supermicro's Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor-based computing platforms achieve higher parallel processing capability with Intel's MIC (Many Integrated Core) architecture. Unified with the latest Intel Xeon processors utilizing common instruction sets and Xeon Phi’s multiple programming models, it is easier to port parallel computing applications in the hybrid environment and take advantage of the powerful processing resources of Supermicro's HPC platforms. Engineering, scientific and research fields can dramatically accelerate application performance with minimal investment in development with Supermicro's Intel Xeon Phi™ based supercomputing solutions. Hybrid platforms support latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 and v3 product families.
· Data Center Optimized (DCO) Solutions – improved thermal architecture utilizes power efficient components, offset Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 and v3 product family CPUs to help eliminate processor preheating, and highest-efficiency power supplies to allow higher operating temperatures offering the best performance-per-watt to lower overall Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) across Data Centers.
· SuperO® Gaming Solutions – Leveraging server-grade designs and components to deliver industry leading durability, stability and performance. Gaming motherboards and systems support 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 processor families. Supermicro’s C7X99-OCE and SYS-5038AD-I will also support the new Intel® Core™ i7 X-Series Processor families.
· X10 Generation DP Motherboards supporting Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 and v3 product families and X10/X11 Generation UP Motherboards supporting Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600/1600 v4 and v3 product families, Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v5 product family, Intel® Xeon® processor D-1500 product family, 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 processor families, and Intel® Atom™ processor families offer the highest levels of performance, efficiency, security and scalability in the industry with the most form factors available to match any application requirement.
· Network Switches – the latest in cost-effective Top-of-Rack Ethernet switching technology, whether it be traditional fully-featured models incorporating both hardware and software in a complete solution, or bare metal hardware capable of running third-party software configurable to specific customer needs in an Open Network Environment.
· Server Management Software – Multifunction suite of tools that can perform health monitoring, power management and firmware maintenance to help deploy and maintain servers in data centers.
Visit Supermicro at Computex 2016 in Taipei, Taiwan, May 31st through June 4th at the TWTC Nangang Exhibition Hall, Booth #M0120. For more information on Supermicro’s complete range of high performance, high-efficiency Server, Storage and Networking solutions, visitwww.supermicro.com.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its “We Keep IT Green®” initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Intel, Xeon, Pentium, Core, Atom and Xeon Phi are trademarks or a registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!