Emarsys Helps Asia-Pacific Brands Take Aim at US$157 Billion Regional M-Commerce Market
· Launches suite of mobile solutions leading with Mobile Engage – to extend mobile app engagement and customer usage, driving retention across devices
· Takes aim at Asia-Pacific (APAC) mobile commerce, which is expected to hit US$157.26 billion in FY 2017, according to Frost & Sullivan
Singapore – June 14, 2016 - Emarsys, the leading provider of cloud marketing software for B2C companies, today debuted its mobile suite to enhance mobile app engagement and optimise customer journeys to further increase customer retention. Connected to its B2C Marketing Cloud, the suite featuring Mobile Engage for apps powers retailers’, brands’ and ecommerce mobile app engagement strategies through automation designed to bring users back to the mobile app through personalised content.
Marketers in Asia-Pacific need to respond to rapidly expanding mobile traffic in the region which is expected to grow sevenfold by 2021. According to PayPal, the growth of mobile commerce in Asia is triple that of e-commerce, with a compound annual growth rate of 42 per cent versus 13 per cent respectively. Frost & Sullivan, meanwhile, has calculated m-commerce revenues across APAC at US$76.17 billion in 2013, and expects this figure to grow to US$157.26 billion by 2017. Almost half (45.6 per cent) of Asia-Pacific consumers have made a purchase on their mobile devices citing convenience as well as the growing availability of apps that make it easy to shop online (MasterCard).
Benjamin Glynn, Managing Director, Emarsys Southeast Asia highlighted: “A mobile strategy will be crucial for marketers who want to engage audiences in the Southeast Asia region. Through insights gathered from mobile apps, marketers can better understand their customers and thereby have more personal interactions with push and in-app messages. Emarsys’ push to mobile is in line with mobile usage habits of Southeast Asians, ensuring that businesses can target consumers where they are most active – their mobile devices.”
Emarsys mobile suite enables marketers to deliver revenue driving mobile marketing campaigns with the following:
· Mobile Engage: Create, test, and deploy push and in-app messages to iOS and Android devices within cross-channel automation programs or on-the-fly to your most engaged users. The Mobile Engage SDK extends the Emarsys unified customer profile with rich mobile app data and enhances the customer profile with user-level insights including product affinity and mobile purchase behavior. Mobile Engage provides marketers the ability to send well-timed push notifications based on the mobile user’s product preferences and in their preferred language. Overall performance statistics including app installs, monthly active users and overall message open and delivery rates are also included.
· Smart SMS: Reach your global audience with marketing and transactional SMS messages. With easy deployment, SMS can be included in any digital marketing strategy. Marketers can create and execute contact acquisition campaigns using SMS keywords, email capture SMS programs or integrate SMS opt-in into any web form. Smart SMS makes international SMS marketing a breeze with tools that estimate the cost of messaging across multiple countries and reduce messaging cost by filtering out invalid mobile phone numbers.
· Geo-segmentation (beta): Send relevant mobile push notifications to users who are currently in a specific geo-location. This new functionality allows mobile marketers to segment mobile audiences using the most dynamic and powerful contact level attribute – location.
These mobile marketing features are available with Emarsys channel applications Mobile Engage and Smart SMS and work seamlessly with the Emarsys Automation Center, Smart Insight and Emarsys Predict.
In response to customer demand and the rapid growth of mobile, Emarsys will continue to build additional features and expand its mobile capabilities into emerging mobile channels such as Over the Top (OTT). To learn more about Emarsys mobile capabilities, go to :https://www.emarsys.com/en/products/mobile.
Emarsys entered Asia-Pacific region in 2010 establishing its regional headquarters in Hong Kong. The company has since expanded to Beijing, Sydney and Singapore, serving 300+ customers in these countries as well as in Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand. Clients in the region include 7-Eleven, Bhinneka, Orami, Shiseido and Starbucks.
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!