Juniper Networks Introduces Cloud-Enabled Branch to Deliver On-Demand Cloud Services
New Offering Automates and Accelerates the Delivery of Branch Services for Organizations
SINGAPORE, June 29, 2016 – Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, today announced Juniper Networks Cloud-Enabled Branch, a transformative solution that will allow enterprises and managed service providers alike to seamlessly create and automate delivery of branch office networking services on-demand. As part of Juniper Networks Unite, an agile enterprise cloud architecture, the new solution suite helps companies accelerate deployment of real-time services and applications, including SD-WAN functionality, across branch locations incorporating network automation, zero touch provisioning and an open platform. The suite includes security capabilities to proactively identify and intelligently respond to threats and enforce polices across all branch locations.
Today’s enterprises need a modernized network to speed up business expansion and improve employee productivity and collaboration. As a result, companies are quickly realizing the business benefits for private, public and hybrid cloud models and offering SaaS-based applications that promote growth and scale. However, they lack a comprehensive solution suite to deploy these services whether via their own in-house IT or through managed services. A cloud-enabled branch will transform enterprise operations with new services and applications that are dynamically delivered through software automation, applications and an open platform for third-party services. This platform approach ensures that enterprises can always have the new capabilities their business needs via rapid software deployments rather than requiring time-consuming hardware rollouts.
With the Cloud-Enabled Branch, distributed businesses will be able to deploy a branch on-demand, including SD-WAN functionality and advanced premises-based and cloud-delivered security capabilities. This provides the ability to deliver a consistent and secure user experience across all branch locations. The SD-WAN functionality is expected to enable enterprises to reduce costs by utilizing various network links as appropriate for different business applications, without jeopardizing the reliability and quality of the services. The Cloud-Enabled Branch offerscentralized automation and orchestration across all locations, delivering network services from the data center or locally on the Juniper Networks® NFX250 and Juniper Networks SRX300. Beyond SD-WAN, multiple network services from Juniper and third parties can be delivered on the NFX250, which integrates compute resources with networking capabilities and can include advanced security with Juniper Networks Sky Advanced Threat Prevention as part of Juniper’s Software-Defined Secure Network.
The Cloud-Enabled Branch is a demonstration of Juniper’s commitment to ongoing innovation for the enterprise as well as for managed services deployed via service providers. Announced last fall, Juniper Unite provides a foundation to build an agile and secure network for enterprises looking to quickly deploy cloud applications and services in a streamlined manner.
Juniper’s Cloud-Enabled Branch solution suite allows organizations to grow with business demands through the following products and services:
· Contrail Service Orchestration is an integrated set of design, automation and orchestration software built on an open framework, which is designed to enable both Juniper and third-party services to be easily supported and integrated with no disruption to existing applications. As part of Juniper’s complete solution, which includesContrail Networking and virtual services such as Juniper Networks vSRX and Juniper Networks vMX, this software allows organizations to easily roll out new, customized branch services.
· NFX Series Network Services Platforms operate as secure, software-driven, on-premises devices, delivering high-performance functionality for the enterprise with added automation and the flexibility to run multiple virtual services.
- Third-party services and applications, such as the Ruckus Virtual Smartzone Controller (vSZ) for WLAN and the Silver Peak CPX virtual appliance for WAN Optimization, enable dynamic service creation in an open environment.
· SD-WAN functionality with Contrail Service Orchestration and NFX using vSRX and SRX products are expected to enable secure application-based routing for the Cloud-Enabled Branch. SD-WAN functionality will also be available as part of the managed service provider capabilities of the Cloud CPE solution, enabling business services to be created and automatically deployed faster than ever before at industry-leading scale.
To help customers evaluate and implement Juniper’s SD-WAN solution, Juniper and our partners have a lineup of turn-key services that include assessments, solution design, customer on-boarding, deployment, and education services. These services help customers evaluate technology choices and develop a plan to evolve, build and operate their network architectures to meet cloud-based application and services requirements. When leveraged as part of the SD-WAN solution, the deep experience of Juniper’s industry-leading service and support experts along with our authorized Professional Services Partners can help minimize risk and speed time to deployment.
“As business opportunities arise, enterprises need to expand their domestic and global footprints to fuel new growth. With the introduction of Juniper Networks Cloud-Enabled Branch, customers can now create branches on-demand to accelerate service deployments or instantly apply business updates and security policies consistently across locations. As part of the Juniper Networks Unite architecture, this new milestone furthers our goal to modernize enterprise environments with simple, automated and secure solutions through the power of the cloud.”
- Jennifer Blatnik, vice president of cloud, security and enterprise portfolio marketing, Juniper Networks
“Today, it is more critical than ever for enterprises to be able to quickly and securely spin up new branch locations to capitalize on business opportunities as they emerge. We believe open partner ecosystems deliver the best choice for customers as they adapt their networks to meet the demands of today’s era of digital transformation. We look forward to continuing to work with Juniper Networks to deliver high performance, simple, and automated wireless LAN solutions that enable our joint customers to deploy and utilize the high-bandwidth applications and services they demand.”
- Bart Giordano, vice president, worldwide strategic sales, Ruckus wireless business unit, Brocade
“Time is money, and in order to maintain a competitive advantage in today’s dynamic marketplace, geographically distributed enterprises need the agility and flexibility to deploy new branch services at the click of a button. Coupling the new Juniper Cloud-Enabled Branch solution with the feature set offered by the Silver Peak CPX virtual appliance for WAN Optimization, presents customers with choice and flexibility to deploy the most cost-effective WAN connectivity in order to optimize business application performance and empower branch users.”
- Fraser Street, vice president of technology alliances, Silver Peak
“Given the significant, ongoing transition to cloud-based applications and services, enterprise IT is under pressure to cost-effectively deliver new capabilities and services to the branch and the WAN, especially in highly distributed enterprises. With the expansion of Juniper’s vision of the Cloud-Enabled Branch, and with a strong heritage in secure routing, it is well positioned to service the growing aspirations of enterprises wanting to more efficiently manage application delivery to their branch offices, all while driving down costly WAN overhead expenses. This roadmap is synergistically aligned with IDC’s view that branch/WAN architectures will ultimately benefit from cloud-managed platforms to centrally manage and secure IT assets and applications at scale.”
- Rohit Mehra, vice president of network infrastructure, IDC
· Blog: The Only Piece of Hardware Your Branch Will Ever Need by Mike Marcellin, chief marketing officer, Juniper Networks
· Blog: The Magic of NFV through Cloud CPE—Now with SD-WAN Functionality by Donyel Jones-Williams, director of service provider product marketing, Juniper Networks
· Blog: Just Add Water by Matt Hurley, corporate vice president of global channels and field marketing, Juniper Networks
· Juniper’s Cloud-Enabled Branch: www.juniper.net/cloud-enabled-
· Blog: Get next-generation network guidance in our newly expanded Design and Architecture Centers by Ben Jackson, vice president of information and learning experience, Juniper Networks
· Juniper’s Network Design and Architecture Center for Enterprise Campus and Branch and Service Providers
· Juniper.net Community: www.juniper.net/community
· Juniper 1on1 app: Stay up to date with all things Juniper right from your smartphone. Download from iTunes and Google Play storetoday.
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!