Parallels Celebrates 10 Years of Innovations and Industry Firsts in Parallels Desktop for Mac
Company Highlights a Decade of Parallels Desktop for Mac, Offers 25 Percent Birthday Savings to Upgraders and New Customers Until June 21st
Singapore – June 15, 2016 – Parallels®, a global leader in cross-platform solutions and creator of the No. 1 selling software for running Windows® applications on a Mac®, today announced that June 14-21 it will celebrate 10 years of innovations and industry firsts in Parallels Desktop for Mac. The online celebration at www.parallels.com will highlight a decade of innovative features that make it simple to run any application – on Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10, Chrome, Linux and Android – on a Mac.
Now through June 21st, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Parallels Desktop or Mac 9 and 10 customers and new customers can save 25 percent off of the purchase of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac or the Pro Edition online at www.parallels.com/desktop. See availability and pricing details below.
“We are honored that for 10 years and counting Parallels Desktop for Mac has enabled more than five million consumers, students, professionals and businesses to seamlessly run Windows on their Macs,” said President Jack Zubarev. “I would like to specifically thank our development team at Parallels, which continues to deliver incredible innovations in virtual machine software performance and features for our customers.”
Highlights from 10 Years of Parallels Desktop for Mac:
· June 15, 2006: Parallels Desktop for Mac launched and became the first software to bring virtualization mainstream to Mac computers, enabling customers to simultaneously run Windows and OS X on a Mac without rebooting
· Feb. 27, 2007: Parallels Desktop 2.5 for Mac introduced Coherence Mode, which gave customers the option of running Windows invisibly in the background and use Windows apps in their Mac OS X environment with native Mac gestures. Also, its New Virtual Machine Wizard made it easy to automatically move a PC to a Mac in a few simple clicks.
· June 7, 2007: Parallels Desktop 3 for Mac launched with DirectX support, two weeks before Apple released the iPhone
· Nov. 11, 2008: Parallels Desktop 4 for Mac launched with support for both 32-bit and 64-bit architecture virtual machines
· Nov. 4, 2009: Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac launched with full support for Windows 7 and OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), integrated Apple’s Multi-Touch gestures and introduced a Drag & Drop feature
· Sept. 14, 2010: Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac launched with full 64-bit architecture support and Mac OS X Spotlight integration with Windows
· June, 2011: Parallels Desktop for Mac Enterprise Edition (now known as Business Edition) launched with features including a unified volume license key and a licensing portal for IT admins (http://bit.ly/ParallelsDesktopBusiness)
· Sept. 6, 2011: Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac launched with OS X Lion support, including support of Full-Screen, Launchpad for Windows apps, and Mission Control
· Nov. 6, 2011: Parallels Desktop for Mac helped NASA successfully land the Curiosity Rover on Mars (http://bit.ly/ParallelsMars)
· Sept. 4, 2012: Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac launched with full support for DirectX 10, enabled use of Mountain Lion dictation with text-based Windows apps and shared Bluetooth
· Aug. 28, 2013: Parallels Access mobile app launched, enabling customers to use iPads and iPhones and native touch gestures to access and run applications on their Macs and Windows PCs from anywhere, anytime
· Sept. 5, 2013: Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac integrated Dropbox, iCloud and SkyDrive support with 40 percent better virtual machine performance than previous releases
· Aug. 20th, 2014: Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac launched and supported OS X 10.10 (Yosemite); in the Pro Edition, the Parallels Wizard optimization presets automatically configure the virtual machine for the best experience for different types of users
· Aug. 19, 2015: Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac and Pro Edition launched with OS X El Capitan and Windows 10 support; it also brought Cortana to Mac and enabled its use with Mac applications, as well as introduced a power-saving Travel Mode.
Availability and Pricing
Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac and Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition are available at www.parallels.com/desktop and at retail stores worldwide.
Now through June 21st, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time at www.parallels.com/desktop, Parallels Desktop 9 or 10 for Mac customers and new customers can save 25 percent off of the recommended retail price (RRP) of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac and Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition. The RRP of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac is US$79.99. Upgrades for existing Parallels Desktop 9 or 10 for Mac customers are US$49.99 RRP, with an introductory offer to upgrade to a Pro Edition subscription for US$49.99 per year RRP. Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition is available to new customers for US$99.99 per year RRP; it includes a concurrent Parallels Access subscription (www.parallels.com/access) to remotely access up to five Macs or Windows PCs from any device.
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!