Acronis Unveils Breakthrough Acronis Backup 12 Solution
3 Clicks to Install, 2 Times Faster than Closest Competitor, World’s Fastest Restore in 15 Seconds or Less
Expands Data Protection to the Cloud, Across Physical and Virtual Systems, and onto Mobile Devices with Support for 15 Platforms, including Microsoft, Amazon, Android, Apple, Linux, and VMWare vSphere
Singapore – July 20, 2016 – Acronis, a leading provider of hybrid cloud data protection, today announced Acronis Backup 12, a game-changing new solution that protects businesses’ full digital image. With most business assets now being digital and not confined to a single device or location, businesses need a backup solution that is designed to provide complete data protection to support this new way of operating. Acronis Backup 12 is unlike any other solution with its ability to backup and protect company data in today’s hybrid cloud IT environments – whether it resides in the cloud, on-premises, across virtual and physical systems, in remote systems, and on mobile devices.
“Data is the lifeline of today’s digital businesses – without it your company will not survive,” said Serguei Beloussov, co-founder and CEO at Acronis. “With Acronis Backup 12, businesses get the complete protection required in this new digital world with the ability to control their data no matter where it resides combined with the power to get it back faster than ever before in the event of a loss or an outside attack.”
Addressing Today’s Expanding Need for Complete Data Protection
Legacy backup solutions do not provide adequate protection due to the increasingly complex IT infrastructures in use today with multiple physical systems, virtual environments, cloud workloads, and more mobile devices. Companies also face greater risks and vulnerabilities related to external threats like Ransomware, which has seen a 400% increase in mobile device attacks since 2014.1
As a result, ‘improving data backup and recovery consistently ranks among the top IT priorities for organizations of all sizes, year over year,’ according to Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG).
“We’ve never been more dependent on our data than as we are today, nor has our data been so distributed across so many servers, services, and endpoints,” said Jason Buffington, Principal Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG). “As production workloads continue to evolve and data volumes increase, legacy approaches for backup and recovery quickly become inadequate, thus driving the need for faster, more comprehensive approaches to data protection and recovery. Acronis Backup 12 is an exciting alternative for businesses looking for a single solution with unified management console that enables users and IT staff to quickly manage and recover data, no matter where it resides.”
Acronis Backup 12 Gives IT Managers Complete Control of Data
Acronis Backup 12 is the only solution that gives businesses complete control over the location of their data, systems, and backups, including best-in-class capabilities for protecting virtual environments. As a result, IT managers always know where their company data is located and who has access to it, even when stored in the cloud.
In the event of data loss, Acronis Backup 12 provides businesses with a range of recovery options, including file, email, and database recovery; system recovery, including bare-metal recovery, active restore, instant restore, and vmFlashBack; cloud disaster recovery; and physical data shipment. Acronis Backup 12 also enables IT Managers to migrate data, applications and systems to any platform.
Why Now is the Time for Businesses to Move to Acronis Backup 12
· Virtual Host Backup – Backs up VMware ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V hosts (not just VMs) and recovers them to dissimilar hardware for complete protection of virtual infrastructures.
· Cloud Convergence with New Unified Web Console – Makes it easier than ever for IT managers to converge cloud and on-premises data protection by backing up and managing all individual workload environments, including on-premises and cloud, physical systems, virtual hosts and machines, and cloud workloads, from a single place on any device.
· Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) in 15 seconds or less with Acronis Instant Restore™ – Addresses the business continuity needs for today’s ‘always-on’ business with the patented Acronis Instant Restore, allowing IT Managers to reduce RTO to seconds by running any physical or virtual Windows or Linux system backup as a VMware or Hyper-V virtual machine.
· Support for Cloud Workloads with New Hybrid Cloud Architecture – Provides broad platform support of current backup solutions on the market, allowing IT Managers to back up on-premises physical and virtual systems, as well as Microsoft Azure VMs and Amazon EC2 instances for complete protection of the entire IT infrastructure and applications.
· Complete Protection for PCs, Macs, and Mobile devices – Supports today’s latest platforms and devices, enabling IT Managers to back up Microsoft Windows PCs and Tablets, Macs, iPads, iPhones and any Android devices to protect every endpoint of every user.
Acronis Backup 12 provides the broadest range of data protection support for Microsoft infrastructure and applications, including Microsoft Exchange, Office365, SharePoint, Active Directory, Windows Server, Windows PC, Hyper-V, Azure, as well as Azure Stack upon its release to the market. Acronis Backup 12 is also the first commercially available solution to support the upcoming release of Microsoft Windows Server 2016, including Hyper-V with resilient change tracking (RCT).
“In our competitive environment it is important to use the latest software to protect all of our technical information. The release of Acronis Backup 12 is welcomed by Scuderia Toro Rosso because it provides the high level of data protection and flexibility that we need,” said Raffaele Boschetti, Head of IT for the Scuderia Toro Rosso Formula 1 Racing Team. “We can’t wait to start working with Acronis on adopting their data protection products within our factory and race team. I am sure we will both benefit from this technical cooperation and it will help our team to continue moving forward.”
“With Backup 12, Acronis has raised data protection to a whole new level” said Mr. Ang Wee Lee, Director of Enterprise Product Marketing, Innovix Distribution. “What sets Acronis apart is the ease-of-use, and the ability to manage different platforms via a single, easy-to-use interface, and the ability to access the console from any web browser and even on your tablet. As more businesses are migrating to the Cloud platform, Acronis have opened up new business opportunities to backup Microsoft Azure and Amazon EC2. As one of the largest and most established value-added IT distributors in the APAC region, we are proud to partner Acronis for the distribution of its comprehensive hybrid cloud backup solutions in Singapore”, he continued.
“Simplicity is the key interest to us, and after testing Acronis Backup 12, it has delivered,” said Bhavin Solgama, Managing Director at Qilnix. “Both the installation and the backup management process are very easy, even to a new user. And the unified management console provides a great snapshot of what is going on at any point in time.”
“Managed IT security and data protection services are a must for any business using technology and leveraging data to deliver an exceptional customer experience,” said Bill Brandel, executive director, Advanced Solutions, Ingram Micro. “Acronis’ new Backup 12 enables channel partners to capitalize on the market’s need for complete protection and deliver a managed backup solution that will support virtual, on premise or hybrid environments.”
Acronis Backup 12 is available in Singapore by contacting a local Acronis partner – click here for the Acronis partner directory.
For more information on the new Acronis Backup 12, click here.
To trial or buy Acronis Backup 12, click here.
1Ransomware on Mobile devices: Knock-Knock-Block, Kaspersky Blog Post, June 29, 2016
· Follow @Acronis on Twitter: https://twitter.com/acronis
· Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/acronis
· Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/acronis
· Subscribe to the Acronis Blog: http://blog.acronis.com/
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!