Sony Launches the Z Series as Ultimate 4K HDR Ultra HD TV
Next generation TV technology which expresses what creators truly intended,
bringing the real world into your living room
(SINGAPORE, 21 July 2016) – Sony announced today the Z9D series, the next generation in television display technology with the ability to reproduce deeper blacks and the brighter whites to showcase lifelike colours. The new flagship Z series takes the lead atop Sony’s current line-up of premium 4K HDR Ultra HD TVs, which includes the award winning X9300D series. The new “Z” moniker designates a significant leap forward and the ultimate in display technology. With this advance, Sony brings 4K High Dynamic Range (HDR) to a new level with Extreme Contrast and even more realistic, accurate colour, in order to express what creators really intended.
This new Z9D series features a newly developed 4K image processor, the 4K HDR Processor X1™ Extreme, and a unique backlight technology, Backlight Master Drive™, to attain extraordinary contrast and extremely accurate wide colour expression. It offers an even more impressive visual experience with more depth, texture and realism on the screen than was previously possible.
The new 4K HDR ProcessorX1™ Extreme was developed in order to provide the ultimate 4K HDR visual experience. It is further refined with 40 percent more real-time image processing as compared with our renowned 4K Processor X1™. By incorporating three new technologies; object-based HDR remaster, dual database processing, and Super Bit Mapping™ 4K HDR, are set to bring any 4K HDR content to a whole new level.
By analysing images in each scene and correcting colour and contrast of each object individually, object-based HDR remaster can reproduce scenes with the detailed texture and the appearance of real life. This technology also up-scales standard dynamic range HD content to near 4K HDR quality.
On top of current up-scaling database, the 4K HDR Processor X1 Extreme has additional Sony-exclusive database for noise reduction. By searching through thousands of picture patterns, the dual database processing removes unwanted noise and up-scales every image to super clear 4K image.
Furthermore, Super Bit Mapping 4K HDR creates a smoother, natural picture. With 14-bit powerful signal processing, it breaks up the solid bands of colour of 8-bit (FHD) or 10-bit (4K) source, up-converting 14-bit equivalent gradation with 64 times more colour levels. It delivers graceful reproduction of faces, sunsets and other areas of subtle colour gradation.
With these three technologies, 4K HDR Processor X1 Extreme reproduce a wide variety of content with immersive 4K HDR picture quality.
Additionally, the new Z9D series has adopted the Backlight Master Drive technology which Sony has introduced as a prototype at CES 2016. The Backlight Master Drive is precision backlight boosting technology which allows it to expand brightness and contrast even further in order to truly tap the full potential of 4K HDR. The Backlight Master Drive combines a dense LED structure with a super accurate lighting algorithm and unique optical design.
Previously, local dimming was controlled in zone consisting of several LEDs. In combination with the latest accurate lighting algorithm, discrete LED control of Backlight Master Drive is able to dim and boost each LED individually. This innovative algorithm delivers total precision for unparalleled contrast and realism.
Calibrated beam LED design, the unique optical structure gathers the emitted LED light in a spot and focuses the drive area more precisely to display higher contrast. This also reduces light diffusion and the flare effect that can be seen on other full-array LED TVs.
Backlight Master Drive delivers unprecedented dynamic range with incredibly deep blacks and dazzling lights for scenes that look more real than ever before, unleashing the full potential of 4K HDR content.
But the viewing experience goes beyond just the screen. The Z9D series has a slate design that encapsulates the ultimate experience. From the front, the design exudes sophistication in the form of a simple black slate, letting viewers immerse themselves in the stunning power of 4K HDR. From the back, the design keeps all the cables completely concealed, ensuring that the device strikes an elegant look from any angle.
The new Z9D series also runs on Android TV™ with Sony’s exclusive user interface. From live TV broadcasting to Internet video services, the new seamless user interface Content bar includes enhanced content navigation along with voice search. The new Content bar features genre filtering function. Instead of selecting a programme from a bunch of channels, users can easily choose one from their favourite genre such as sports, music, news, and so on.
Z9D Series (65”, 75” and 100” Class models) 4K HDR TV
- 4K HDR compatible to receive and process the new video standard signal with higher brightness, higher contrast and vibrant colour via Internet video services, HDMI and USB port.
- Features New 4K HDR Processor X1™ Extreme to improve clarity, colour accuracy and contrast of HD, 4K and 4K HDR videos. It incorporates three new technologies: object-based HDR remaster, dual database processing, and Super Bit Mapping™ 4K HDR, which brings your 4K HDR content to whole new level.
- Features Backlight Master Drive™ with a dense LED structure, a unique dimming algorithm and optical design that gathers light in one spot, reducing light diffusion and the flare effect to deliver deeper blacks and brighter whites.
- super accurate lighting algorithm that gathers the emitted LED lights in a spot and focuses drive area more narrowly to display ultra-higher contrast.
- Includes X-tended Dynamic Range™ PRO to produce better contrast by precisely balancing the light output across the screen, dimming some areas and boosting others. It reveals a brightness range three times that of a conventional LED-backlight TV, and it enhances any source to near HDR quality with a wider range of brightness.
- Features vibrant, expanded colour with TRILUMINOS™ Display, further enhanced for colour accuracy.
- Uses 4K X-Reality™ PRO to produce stunning detail with Sony’s unique algorithm of reality creation database for any content, such as TV broadcasting, DVD, Blu-ray Disc, Internet video and digital photos.
- Clean cable management for table top mount.
- 100” comes with floor stand/table-top stand. 75” and 65” come with table-top stand only.
- Android TV™ lets you explore a world of movies, music, photos, games, search, apps and more. Voice Search to find content, ask questions and control your TV. With Google Cast™, you can easily send content from your smartphone or tablet to the TV. With access to Google Play™, you can enjoy what they like to do on a smartphone or tablet, from their TV.
- Sony’s exclusive Content bar user interface allows you to comfortably browse content quickly and intuitively without disrupting your TV viewing.
The new Z9D series will be available at all Sony Stores, Sony Centres and selected Sony authorised dealers from September 2016.
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!