Startup talent from around the region enter muru-D Singapore’s second round
16 AUGUST 2016, SINGAPORE – Telstra-backed accelerator muru-D has announced its second cohort of startups in Singapore, which attracted hundreds of expressions of interest and 130 applications from eight countries across Asia.
Over the weekend, the top 23 startups battled it out for their place in cohort #2, which kicks off in September 2016.
Exemplifying some of the best entrepreneurial and digital talent in the region, the 11 startups which make up muru-D Singapore’s second intake include B2B and B2C startups focusing on a variety of areas such as artificial intelligence for mobile app development as well as solutions for logistics, fitness and micro-financing.
Annie Parker, Co-Founder of muru-D said, “The achievements of our inaugural class of startups were outstanding, with the majority of teams securing funding well before Demo Night. As the applications started rolling in for this next cohort, we were blown away by the quality of the ideas, passion and world class entrepreneurial talent wanting to be a part of muru-D’s program in Singapore.”
muru-D provides each startup with SGD$40,000 seed capital. muru-D also provides the founders with access to six months of business support, a collaborative workspace in the heart of Singapore’s central business district and introductions to world-class mentors, coaches and investors.
“The 23 teams which came through our doors for the weekend’s boot-camp and final judging round truly exceeded expectations. I was particularly pleased to see that well over 40 percent of the teams at bootcamp had female founders. We are excited about what’s coming out of the region and hope this encourages more budding entrepreneurs, investors and organisations to contribute and get involved to help our fantastic startups,” added Ms Parker.
The 11 startups selected for muru-D Singapore which represent seven countries from across Asia Pacific are:
· amtiss, Indonesia – amtiss is a cloud-based asset management solution that helps business and enterprise minimize an asset’s operating expenses and maximize its lifetime through predictive maintenance.
· CheckIt, Vietnam – CheckIt is a mobile app that helps people gain 80% of the insight of an educational book in 20 minutesanytime and anywhere they want.
· FreightKart, Singapore – FreightKart is a comparator and aggregator portal for end-to-end logistic solutions which integrates with ERP solutions, and a RESTful API for instant freight shipping quotes.
· Haftarent, Malaysia – Haftarent matches qualified tenants to vacant real estate, simplifying rental packages and introducing a suite of online services dedicated to both tenants and landlords.
· MoreMate, Thailand – MoreMate is a social network and dating mobile application for people looking to make new friends, spark a new romance or share a new experience with people around them or in other parts of the world.
· PlanforFit, Thailand – PlanforFit is an online tool for people who want to improve their health and wellbeing. PlanforFit’s blueprint feature allows people to get customised eating and exercise programs from top trainers.
· Kitset.io, New Zealand – Kitset.io uses artificial intelligence to help novices build cross-platform mobile applications at a tenth of the time and a fraction of the cost of hiring developers.
· Teman Usaha, Indonesia – Teman Usaha is a micro-financing application which connects lenders in Indonesia with high quality loan applicants.
· Winimy, Singapore – "SeeChat" by Winimy is a mobile CRM solution that enables consumers to interact with businesses over messaging without the need to know how the mobile number.
· YBIT Solutions, Philippines – YBIT Solutions is a modular enterprise resource-planning solution that is simple and easy to use.
· Zelos, Indonesia – Zelos is a creative recruitment platform connecting new talent to brands. They help students and graduates get jobs through a match-making algorithm, social analytics and assessment test.
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!