HP Inc. today introduced two inventive alternatives to traditional desktop PC designs for the home and workplace – the HP Pavilion Wave and HP Elite Slice. Packing power in small, creative designs, HP is transforming this category to engineer unique experiences for customers.
Left: HP Pavilion Wave in home office setting
Right: Coworkers collaborate using the HP Elite Slice
The HP Pavilion Wave is designed for entertainment and productivity for the home by combining desktop power and great audio experiences. For customers who want a PC that can fit into small places, the new offering is a beautiful and compact design with the power of a full-sized desktop.
The HP Elite Slice is HP’s smallest desktop built for communications and collaboration. It is the first modular commercial desktop with cable-less connectivity and enables customers to build the desktop of their choice. Versatility, performance and enterprise-grade security merge to deliver greater productivity and collaboration between employees while transforming the workplace and workstyles.
HP Inc. Reimagines the Desktop to Enable New Experiences
HP Pavilion Wave and HP Elite Slice PCs combine engineering excellence and inventive desktop designs
· Stunning desktops designed to be the focal point on the desk to power entertainment and productivity
· HP Pavilion Wave is built to deliver breakthrough audio experiences
· HP Elite Slice is a modular PC built for communications and productivity
Singapore, September 5, 2016 – HP Inc. today debuted two new PCs, HP Pavilion Wave and HP Elite Slice, that are inventive alternatives to traditional designs for the home and workplace. HP is transforming the desktop PC to create unique experiences that deliver the power customers expect in small, creative designs.
The HP Pavilion Wave is designed for entertainment and productivity for the home by combining desktop power and great audio experiences. For customers who want a PC that can fit into small places, the new offering is a beautiful and compact design with the power of a full-sized desktop. This unique desktop is built around a fully integrated, advanced audio system for Cortana1, to play music, listen to movies and web chats. It features an iconic triangular form with an innovative parabolic reflector with an integrated speaker on top of the PC for superb, 360-degree sound to fill a room with crisp audio.
The HP Elite Slice, HP’s smallest desktop is a desktop built for communications and collaboration. It is the first modular commercial desktop with cable-less connectivity2 and enables customers to build the desktop of their choice. This desktop changes the way office space is designed by creating streamlined work environments that boast productivity. Versatility, performance and enterprise-grade security merge to deliver greater productivity and collaboration between employees while transforming the workplace and workstyles.
“Today’s desktop computing customers want sleek, innovative and powerful designs that enable new experiences at home, at work, and in team collaboration settings,” said Anneliese Olson, general manager and vice president, Personal Systems, HP Asia Pacific and Japan. “The HP Pavilion Wave and Elite Slice are the result of HP engineers and designers reinventing the desktop by rethinking its shape, size and look while adding functionality to enable new use cases.”
HP Pavilion Wave Designed with Acoustic Capabilities to Power Entertainment and Productivity
The HP Pavilion Wave naturally sits on top of the desk featuring a compact, space-efficient 360-degree design and is 85 percent smaller than traditional tower PCs at 17.3 x 16.8 x 25.9cm. The desktop design is built around the central audio system and finished with premium materials including acoustic fabric engineered for room filling sound. A parabolic reflector on top of the PC reflects the sound coming from the speaker grille in parallel from all directions and acts as an outlet vent for hot air to come out. The 360 Degree Multi-Directional Reflective Audio delivers a crisp audio profile at all frequencies and is tuned by B&O Play for amazing sound whether listening to mid, high or low ranges.
The triangular design houses three main zones for components: the motherboard on one side, the hard drive on the second side and thermals on the third side. The thermal design uses heat pipes to extract heat from the motherboard and the graphics card to push out the top of the PC to keep the device running cool.
Other features include:
· Up to two 4K displays3 are supported out-of-the-box to power entertainment and productivity.
· Peripheral support with three USB 3.0 ports, one USB 3.1 Type-CTM port for data transfer, one HDMI port, one DisplayPort, Gigabit Ethernet and a microphone/headphone jack.
· Cortana support with dual microphones for customers to talk to their PC for a hands-free experience1.
· High-performing power house with up to 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 quad-core desktop processors4, ample storage up to 2 TB SDD5 or a 2 TB HDD5, an optional dual drive with128 GB SSD5 and up to 16GB of DDR4 system memory.
· Optional AMD Radeon™ R9 M470 discrete graphics for photo and video editing or light gaming.
HP Elite Slice Designed for Business Productivity and Collaboration
HP Elite Slice streamlines the workspace with its clean modular design featuring stunning curves in matte black with polished copper accents. It allows customers to pick and choose a factory cover or stackable options to add functionality including the Collaboration Cover or Wireless Charging Cover6, or stackable modules such as the Audio Module or ODD (Optical Disk Drive) Module for a beautiful PC that is unique to each business and its employees.
The ultra-small, big power form factor is just 16.5 x 3.5 x 16.5cm and weighs 1.05 kg7. The cable-less design allows for a clean work environment because customers do not need separate cables to be plugged into the wall to power each component. This is the first commercial desktop powered from a display8 via only one USB 3.1 Type-CTM cable with a Type-CTM compatible display including the optional new Quad HD9 HP EliteDisplay S240uj Monitor. The display is equipped with integrated wireless charging and USB Type-CTM to perfectly complement the desktop.
HP Elite Slice versatility is provided by cover and base expansion options. Customers can choose from different covers when configuring the PC and expand the solution at any time with additional modules to create the desktop that best fits their needs:
· HP Collaboration Cover6: turns the desktop into a Microsoft Skype for Business phone10 for easy call management with capacitive touch keys.
· HP Wireless Charging Cover6: wireless charging starts automatically upon contact to eliminate charging cables and ensure mobile phones and devices are powered, ready for use. The Wireless Charging Cover is expected to start shipping in the first half of 2017 and requires factory configuration.
· HP Audio Module: spoken word tuning makes virtual meetings and call experiences crisp and clear with audio tuned by Bang & Olufsen, 360 degree speaker design, dual-microphone array with range of five meters and HP Noise Cancellation software.
· HP ODD Module: for quick and easy back up or to archive files and access legacy content on CDs or DVDs.
Other features include:
· An optional touch fingerprint sensor for improved security and easy authentication.
· HP Sure Start with Dynamic Protection, the industry’s first self-healing BIOS-level protection.
· Up to 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 35-watt processors for the performance to easily handle productivity and collaboration needs4.
· Unique 360-degree dual fan pipe ring keeps the powerful device running cool.
· Peripheral support for enhanced productivity including one Ethernet port, built-in Wi-Fi module11 and antennas, one HDMI and one DisplayPort™ to power multiple displays.
HP Elite Slice for Meeting Rooms Built Uniquely for Conference Room Collaboration
The HP Elite Slice portfolio also includes the new HP Elite Slice for Meeting Rooms solution, the first conferencing room PC with one-touch meeting start12. This offering helps users get more out of their meetings by having seamless technology to drive immersive conferencing and collaboration experiences with integrated audio and full desktop functionality. HP Elite Slice for Meeting Rooms combines HP Elite Slice, the HP Collaboration Cover, HP Audio Module and Intel® Unite™ software to create a unique Microsoft Skype for Business conferencing solution making meeting rooms more intuitive and efficient with crisp, clear sound. For a more immersive conference room experience, this configuration can be combined with the new HP LD5511 55-inch Large Format Display, which features 178-degree viewing angles with a resolution of 1920 x 1080. The high brightness and contrast ratio provide excellent picture quality and readability that is perfect for meeting rooms that seat up to 12 people.
Pricing and Availability13
· HP Pavilion Wave starting price is SGD1,499 and is expected to be available in Singapore in September 2016.
· HP Elite Slice starting price is SGD1,099 and is expected to be available in Singapore in October 2016.
· HP Elite Slice for Meeting Rooms starting price is SGD1,299 and is expected to be available in Singapore in October 2016.
· HP EliteDisplay S240uj Monitor starting price is SGD799 and is expected to be available in Singapore in October 2016.
· HP LD5511 55-inch Large Format Display starting price is SGD1,799 and is expected to be available in Singapore in October 2016.
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!