BAE Systems signs MOC with the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore to develop national cybersecurity capabilities
BAE Systems today announced the signing of a Memorandum of Collaboration (MOC) with the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore (CSA) to develop national capabilities through collaboration in capabilities-building and incident response. The partnership will also see BAE Systems engaging with local cybersecurity start-ups for research and development of cyber technologies.
Specifically, the MOC will see BAE Systems and the CSA explore ways to:
- Uplift the cyber ecosystem to create job opportunities and improve skills for Singaporeans
- Through partnerships forged with local organisations to engage in joint research and development (R&D) to develop cyber technologies unique to the Singaporean landscape
- Support for industry incubator and accelerator programs for cyber security start-ups
- Continuous contribution to national Manpower, Development and Education frameworks on cyber security
- Enhance capabilities and technologies on a Smart Nation level
- Critical Information Infrastructure (CII)
- Internet of Things (IoT) growth
- National operational capabilities
- Protection of the people
- Contributing to a framework for national incidence response
- Supporting the growth of SingCERT to best serve citizens
BAE Systems Regional Director – Asia, Boye Vanell said:
“BAE Systems recognises the importance of collaboration between the public and private sectors in promoting cyber awareness using threat intelligence, boosting Singapore’s ecosystem to uplift homegrown cyber skills, and in opening up cross-industry collaboration with local companies.
This MOC between CSA and BAE Systems builds on our relationships with some of Singapore’s largest organisations, including financial institutions, government agencies and the critical information infrastructure sector, and reinforces our commitment to partnering and investing locally to keep Singapore at the forefront in understanding and defending against cyber threats.”
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!