Norton Boosts Protection and Performance with the Launch of its New Norton Security Solution
SINGAPORE – 28 October, 2016 – Norton by Symantec (NASDAQ: SYMC) today announced the launch of its new Norton Security software in Singapore, boosting its protection and performance capabilities to higher levels for consumers. As one of the industry’s leading security solutions for consumers, Norton Security provides customers with our best security protection in one subscription service across multiple platforms, including Windows, Mac, Android and iOS.
According to Symantec’s latest Internet Security Threat Report, Symantec discovered more than 430 million new unique pieces of malware in 2015, up 36 percent from the year before. It also reported that in August 2016 alone, there were 45 million new malware variants, the highest level detected since August 2015. Furthermore, the Norton Cybersecurity Insights Report revealed that 1,008,000 people in Singapore fell victim to online crime in 2015.
“Norton by Symantec engineers are on the front lines of cybersecurity, building technologies that are constantly analysing new threats and devising new ways to protect consumers and their devices,” said Nick Savvides, Security Advocate, Norton. “With the growing frequency of cyberattacks on all platforms, consumers need the comprehensive multi-platform protection offered by Norton Security.”
Enhanced Protection and Performance
Norton Security uses advanced, multi-layered security technology to help protect devices, privacy and personal files such as music and financial information from today’s most dangerous emerging threats, including ransomware, malicious websites, zero days and phishing attacks.
Some of the recently added protection and performance features of Norton Security include:
· Proactive Exploit Prevention: Zero-day vulnerabilities (which were up 125 percent in 2015), are holes in software applications that are unknown by the software vendor. Norton Security’s Proactive Exploit Prevention technology helps protect the holes in common software applications by recognizing a range of malicious behaviors that are trademarks of zero-day attacks. One of the benefits of this approach is that it provides protection against a wide variety of exploit attacks during the critical window when vulnerable software is deployed until the point that a software patch is installed – a process that can take weeks or months.
· Emulation Technology: In their attempts to bypass traditional security software, cybercriminals often hide their malicious code in innocuous-looking files. Norton Security’s newly developed emulation technology hunts down antivirus-evading malware before it can compromise a user’s system. It does this by unpacking and running the suspicious files in a virtual machine for examination before the malware in these files can compromise the user’s machine. With 83 percent of all malware currently employing anti-virus evading techniques, Norton Security’s newly developed emulation technology is an important advancement in protecting consumers and their data.
· Predictive Machine Learning Engine: Traditional antivirus solutions often rely on signatures of known malware to protect consumers. Criminals know this, and as a result, develop automated ways to deliver variations of malware designed to evade the signatures. The Predictive Machine Learning Engine employs an algorithm that anticipates new and evolving malware variants and helps accurately detect and blocks both new and unknown malware.
· Faster Mac Protection: Mac users will see faster scans and lower overall memory utilization on their devices.
· My Norton: The release of Norton Security will also include My Norton, a next generation web portal that completely changes the way customers interact with Norton. With My Norton, customers can access their Norton subscription features, manage their account and devices and learn about new threats from any device. It offers more engagement with customers with smarter alerts and messaging, and helps customers get the most of the Norton subscription (e.g., backup, parental controls, multi-device protection).
Norton Mobile Security, available with a Norton Security subscription and through the Google Play and Apple App stores, protects mobile devices with an easy-to-use web-based service.
Users of Norton Security’s mobile protection features benefit from:
· Anti-Theft and Contacts Backup: As more confidential information is shared and stored on mobile devices, it is more important than ever to guard against the loss or theft of these devices. Norton Security’s mobile protections provides anti-theft and contacts backup to help users recover their lost or stolen devices and restore lost information.
· App Advisor for Google Play: Powered by Norton Mobile Insights technology, App Advisor provides proactive protection by automatically scanning apps on Google Play before they are downloaded and provides proactive and relevant information to users on security, privacy, intrusive behaviors and high battery or data consumption. The technology empowers users with the relevant information to make informed choices about what they are willing to trade to use a potentially risky app.
· Enhanced Android Protections: There were more than three times as many Android apps classified as containing malware in 2015 than in 2014, an increase of 230 percent. Norton Security uses anti-malware protection, call and SMS blocking to protect Android devices.
Pricing and Availability
Norton Security is offered as a flexible service to help protect all of your devices. Pricing for Norton Security starts at SGD59. Norton Security is available for purchase online, in retail stores and through value-added resellers as well as sg.norton.com.
About Norton by Symantec’s Footprint and Intelligence Network
Norton’s protection footprint and intelligence networks provide insights into attack methods that fuel updates to its protection engine. With the world’s largest civilian network of security experts, Norton is able to quickly discover and protect against new and emerging threats.
Norton by Symantec’s footprint and Intelligence network comprises:
o Over 63 million attack sensors in over 157 countries
o 15 global security centers providing around the clock the protection
o Norton blocked 3 billion attacks last year
o Norton protects 63 million customers
o Four million small businesses use a Norton consumer product
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!