OPPO Introduces HA-2SE Portable Headphone Amplifier and DAC
Award-Winning HA-2 Gets a Performance Boost
Singapore – November 24, 2016 – Continuing the pursuit of innovation and value for customers, OPPO Digital (www.oppodigital.com) today introduces an updated version of the award-winning HA-2 portable headphone amplifier and DAC, HA-2SE.
Aesthetically the HA-2SE continues the HA-2’s elegant style and design - genuine leather casing with contrast stitching and beveled aluminum edges. Inside, the digital-to-analog converter (DAC) chip is upgraded to ES9028Q2M, top-of-the-line from ESS Technology’s SABRE32 Reference series for portable designs. The headphone amplifier is further optimized for very sensitive In-Ear Monitors, with lower noise floor and higher signal-to-noise ratio over the HA-2.
OPPO HA-2SE is engineered to enhance music playback from mobile phones and portable music players. Featuring hybrid class AB amplification and a USB DAC, the HA-2SE offers high performance digital-to-analog conversion for Apple’s iPhone/iPod products, a wide range of Android devices, PC and Mac computers. Equipped with a 3000mAh internal battery and OPPO’s patented safe rapid charging technology, The HA-2SE may be conveniently used to charge mobile devices on-the-go and itself can be efficiently charged in 30 minutes.
Key features of the HA-2SE include:
- Ultra-slim Design - Stacking the HA-2SE on top of some smartphone models is often still thinner than other portable headphone amplifier models alone.
- ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC - ES9028Q2M DAC chip delivers high-resolution performance with extremely low noise and distortion.
- High-Resolution Audio – The HA-2 supports PCM audio up to 384 kHz / 32-bit, DSD audio up to 12 MHz (DSD256 or DSD4x). No Camera Connection Kit required for high-resolution playback from iOS devices.
- Multiple Devices Support –The HA-2SE supports multiple device types for digital-to-analog conversion via USB: iPod / iPhone / iPad, smartphones with USB OTG feature, PC and Mac computers.
- Rapid Charging – The HA-2SE’s internal battery can be quickly charged in about 30 minutes with the patented rapid charger.
- Mobile Power Bank - The HA-2SE functions as an external battery pack to charge mobile devices.
The HA-2SE is a very mobile-centric portable headphone amplifier and DAC that pairs exceptionally well with iOS and Android devices. It works especially well with Apple’s newly released iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Being a “Made for iPhone” certified device and coming with a Lightning cable included, the HA-2SE can charge the iPhone and play music at the same time. Its high-end DAC and high output amplifier can provide a significant improvement in sound quality and drive a much wider variety of headphones than the Lightning-to-3.5mm adapter that comes with the new iPhone. When used with the right apps, the HA-2SE supports bit-perfect playback of high resolution music, exceeding the 48 kHz sample rate limitation of using the phone’s built-in headphone output or headphone adapter.
In addition to the USB DAC inputs, the HA-2SE provides a 3.5 mm line-in jack for portable music players that do not have a USB-compatible digital output. The same jack doubles as line-out when the HA-2SE is used as a DAC. The headphone amplifier has two gain level settings. The High Gain mode is capable of driving large power-hungry headphones, delivering up to 300 mW into 16-Ohm headphones. The Low Gain mode is intended for sensitive In-Ear Monitor type earphones. For users who like a bit more punch and impact with their music, the HA-2SE offers a Bass Boost function that is implemented purely with analog audio circuits.
With its excellent sound quality, elegant style and mobile-friendly features, OPPO HA-2SE headphone amplifier is a great companion to any smartphone or portable music player. Priced at S$479, the HA-2SE can be ordered from OPPO Digital’s web site or resellers.
The product will be available for hands-on at the Sound & Sight Exhibition 2016 at the Parkroyal on Kitchener Road, Emerald Ballroom Room 1A from 25-27 November 2016.
* Trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners.
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!