SAP Greater China Sets Performance Records in 2016
Expediting Transition to Cloud in 2017
· Triple-digit growth in cloud and double-digit growth in SSRS for the full year
· Three consecutive years of growth in core and cloud business
· SAP Greater China named “Region of the Year 2016”
· Data centers in China are live to offer four new cloud solutions
HONG KONG — February 8, 2017 — SAP Greater China today announced its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2016. The company had exceptional performance in the fourth quarter, capping the biggest year ever with triple-digit growth in cloud and double-digit growth in SSRS for the full year in 2016. This is the third consecutive year of robust growth for SAP in the region.
Greater China was named “Region of the Year 2016” by the SAP Board, in recognition of its accomplishments in ensuring customer success, developing amazing talent and driving operational excellence. Established at the end of 2013, SAP Greater China is the newest standalone region in the company. This award further demonstrates SAP’s strong commitment to China.
“Our fantastic performance in all aspects in 2016 is the outcome of our relentless efforts in enabling China’s digital transformation, delivering customer-centric innovation, and building a highly empowered workforce,” said Mark Gibbs, Senior Vice President of SAP SE and President of SAP Greater China. “Looking ahead to 2017, we firmly believe that accelerating transition to cloud will be our strategic inflection point, and the stepping stone to take us to greater heights in the future.”
Today, SAP also announced the official commencement of data centers in China, through which new cloud solutions will be offered to customers locally. In 2016, SAP expanded its partnership with China Comservice (a subsidiary of China Telecom) and entered into a strategic alliance with AliCloud to bring four new cloud-based solutions to China, including SAP Ariba, SAP Cloud for Customer, SAP Business ByDesign and SAP Cloud Platform.
BUSINESS HIGHLIGHTS IN THE FOURTH QUARTER 2016
Rapid Cloud Expansion
Cloud business accelerated in Q4 with fast customer adoption. Chow Sang Sang Jewelry in Hong Kong selected SAP SuccessFactors, a cloud-based Human Capital Management solution. Huatian Technology and Yuanfang Auto selected SAP Cloud for Customers, a cloud-based CRM solution that redefines customer engagement. And SAP Ariba, a cloud-based procurement application, also showed strong momentum.
Exceptional SAP S/4HANA Traction
As customers continue to embrace the benefits of running a live business on a massively simplified architecture, SAP S/4HANA added 104 new customers in Q4, including Ameco, Yangquan Coal, Anhui Zhongding, DEC, High Fashion Group in Hong Kong and Changchun Plastic in Taiwan, bringing the total number of customers to more than 480 across the region.
Active Government Engagement
SAP has made great progress in supporting government initiatives such as the Belt and Road, Internet+ and Made in China 2025. In October, SAP announced a strategic partnership with Guiyang Government to launch a Big Data Innovation Application Center. At the World Internet Conference held in Wuzhen in November, SAP Industry 4.0 Connected Manufacturing Solution was recognized as one of the world’s top 15 "Leading Internet Scientific and Technological Achievements".
Enhanced Industry Leadership
The past year has further cemented the position of SAP as a respected industry leader. For the second year in a row, SAP was awarded the “China Top Employer” certification by the Top Employers Institute and was recognized as an “Outstanding Enterprise of CSR” by China Business Network. Mark Gibbs was named “2016 China Industrial Internet Leader of the Year” by CCW Media Group for his outstanding contributions to China’s digital transformation.
Key Customer Wins and Go-Lives in Q4 FY16:
· Chow Sang Sang Jewellery Limited, a jewellery retailer headquartered in Hong Kong, chose SAP SuccessFactors solutions to minimize manual work in the HR department, increase efficiency of performance management, and incorporate learning to improve employee productivity and performance.
· High Fashion International Limited, a garment manufacturer in Hong Kong, selected SAP S/4HANA to transform their finance operations. It is also planning to implement SAP Fashion Management System to optimize the entire garment manufacturing and supply chain operations.
· Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering Corporation (Ameco), the largest aircraft maintenance provider in China, selected SAP S/4HANA Central Finance to integrate financial data across the company and optimize IT infrastructure. Looking ahead, Ameco plans to leverage SAP S/4HANA to fine-tune maintenance operations and accelerate customer response times.
· COFCO Corporation is a world leading supplier of agriculture-products. It selected SAP HANA to optimize operational efficiency, promote rapid growth, effectively manage risk, enhance the overall business profitability, and achieve core competitive power.
· Huawei Technologies is a global leading ICT provider and SAP’s global strategic partner. Huawei has chosen SAP HANA and has achieved a significant efficiency improvement in the area of internal IT application.
· Guiyang Yunyan Industrial Investment Development Limited Liability Company, a state-owned enterprise in China, chose SAP HANA to help develop the local economy by building up the big data eco-system in Guiyang. The IT transformation will also improve the efficiency of current business operations.
· Yuchai Machinery Group Co., Ltd. in China integrates the engine industry chain with the petrochemical industry chain. The company migrated to HANA to support their Industry 4.0 program with a focus on optimizing finance and manufacturing operations, improving sales and service support, and automating manufacturing processes.
· Yangquan Coal Industry (Group) Co., Ltd., one of the largest anthracite production bases in China, has expanded rapidly though M&A. It selected SAP S/4HANA to integrate and optimize the supply chain and transform from a coal mining enterprise into a new energy and coal-based chemical product supplier.
· Anhui Zhongding Sealing Parts Co., Ltd. in China produces and sells special rubber products that are used in automobiles, ships, railways, and aerospace. It chose SAP S/4HANA to streamline and monitor all business units globally, improve financial data accuracy, and gain business insights.
· Dongfang Electric Corporation (DEC) is a state-owned manufacturing group in China. It has selected S/4HANA to consolidate all of its operations on one platform and help achieve the strategic objective of becoming an SAP Industry 4.0 reference customer.
· Tianshui Huatian Technology Co., Ltd., a leading manufacturer in China, expanded its SAP footprint by selecting SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer solutions, to achieve Industry 4.0 transformation in order to optimize supply chain and improve efficiency with the current production capacity.
· DeRucci Beddings Company Ltd., a leading global manufacturer of bedding products in China, chose SAP S/4HANA to do “Smart Manufacturing” in 3 years. It plans to conduct an Industry 4.0 transformation in order to optimize its supply chain with the C2M business model, and provide real-time industry data to get business insights for decision making.
· Guangzhou Panyu Cable Group Co., Ltd. in China is expanding its business from traditional electric power cable to other areas, such as cables for new energy or cars. It chose SAP S/4HANA to help build smart manufacturing capabilities, including deep insights into customer needs, highly efficient R&D processes, and flexible manufacturing.
· Yuanfang Automobile Trading Group, a leading automotive dealer headquartered in China, chose SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer solution to build one integrated CRM platform that is expected to improve business relationships with customers, assist in customer retention, and help drive sales growth.
· Do-Fluoride Chemicals Co., Ltd., a world-leading inorganic fluorine chemical enterprise, selected SAP S/4HANA and SAP SuccessFactors to help it transform into an Industry 4.0 digital factory that will optimize its supply chain and provide real-time industry data to get business insights for decision making.
· Beijing GeoEnviron Engineering & Technology Inc., a solid waste management solutions provider, selected SAP S/4HANA over Ufida. With SAP S/4HANA and mobile applications now live, BGE gains transparency and efficiency and is able to respond more quickly to customer needs and support onsite engineering projects.
· White Horse Ceramic Co., Ltd., is one of the leading manufacturers of tiles in Taiwan. It selected S/4HANA to strengthen management through comprehensive and real-time data, optimize operational performance, amass product sales data to inform future product development, and improve customer satisfaction.
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!