CALLR Scales into New Markets on Platform Equinix
Cloud-based communications platform leverages global data center footprint for ecosystem interconnection and rapid time to market
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. — February 27, 2017 — Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced CALLR, which provides a global carrier-grade cloud communications platform for voice and messaging, has deployed in Equinix’s Paris, New York and Singapore International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers to create an international presence across Europe, the United States and Asia. Platform Equinix™ has provided CALLR with rapid time to market to meet performance requirements and customer demand. CALLR is also planning an additional deployment in Los Angeles for increased performance gains and proximity to end user customers on the West Coast of the United States.
Highlights / Key Facts
· CALLR’s unique platform allows its customers to reach users in over 220 countries using its voice and messaging API. To achieve this, CALLR needs access to network service providers in key markets, as well as access to cloud service providers and enterprises. Equinix’s global interconnection platform enables CALLR to tap into these business ecosystems for maximum connectivity to customers and partners across CALLR’s digital supply chain.
· By collocating its IT infrastructure in Equinix’s IBX data centers in key metros across three regions, CALLR strategically combines a physical Point of Presence (POP) and virtual cloud POPs to get closer to customers and carriers, at the network edge. These virtual POPs provide CALLR the ability to service customers in a particular geography without a full scale data center deployment or incurring overhead, to minimize cost. Today CALLR leverages virtual POPs hosted by leading cloud service providers, such as IBM Softlayer or Microsoft Azure.
· CALLR offers a combination of voice and messaging API technology with the power of AI to build smarter customer engagement capabilities and innovative IoT interactions. This enables CALLR’s customers to bridge between communications and IT on a single platform, integrating voice and SMS across a virtual media gateway to automate interactions with customers in a seamless way.
· Businesses such as CALLR continue to be challenged by issues facing mobile technology regardless of the application. As these businesses expanded there is an increased need to globally interconnect with people, locations, cloud services and data to maximize performance and user experience. With 150 data centers across 41 markets, Equinix customers benefit from operating on a global interconnection platform to process, store and distribute larger volumes of latency sensitive data and applications at the digital edge, closer to end-users and local markets.
· Taoufik Zagdoud, CEO, CALLR:
“CALLR has continued to grow rapidly on Equinix’s interconnection platform, with Singapore being our most recent addition. Data centers underpin our business and we are confident that Equinix’s global footprint of interconnected data centers will provide the proximity to our customers to deliver optimal performance and the ability to rapidly enter new markets to meet future business demand.”
· Jim Poole, vice president, business development, Service Providers:
“At Equinix, companies can architect a globally consistent platform within local metros, keeping their critical data and processing capabilities as close as possible to the digital edge and end users. We continue to see companies such as CALLR come to us in one market and easily expand into new markets as their business needs change.”
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!