HP Delivers Innovative, Manageable, Secure Technology for Smart Offices
Singapore, March 10, 2017 – HP today announced new technology innovations to help businesses start building their “Office of the Future.”
The Office of the Future is an inspiring, exciting, and secure work environment that empowers an organisation’s employees for success by giving them the technology capabilities to be productive and creative effortlessly. It is not just a physical workspace, but it also gives employees the flexibility, mobility and security to choose how and where they want to work.
Today, over 70% of Asian employees work from more than one location1. This is expected to increase with millennials and Generation Z making up the majority of the workforce by 2020. Millennials and Gen Z employees expect more from the technology devices they use and place more value on unique work experiences such as flexible work arrangements. In CBRE Research’s survey of Asia-Pacific millennials2, over 60% indicated workplace flexibility and mobility as a big influencer in job selection.
“To motivate employees and attract new talent, businesses need to adapt to the new ways employees prefer to work as well as provide them the autonomy to take control of their work experiences,” said Vinay Awasthi, vice-president of Commercial Computing, HP Asia-Pacific & Japan. “Technology is a key enabler in building a smart and safe work environment. HP provides technology that is innovative, manageable, and secure for employees to engage more closely and fluidly but puts IT at ease.”
HP pairs beautiful, stylish design with the latest security and collaboration features in its commercial devices to help businesses make gradual improvements to their workspaces and technology infrastructure. The new HP devices make collaboration, content creation, consumption and exchange of ideas, whether virtually or face-to-face, more efficient but still secure. These include:
· HP EliteBook x360 - the world’s thinnest business convertible3 takes the user seamlessly from work to personal life, from office to customer site. It combines powerful thin and light stylish design, collaboration capabilities, HP Elite-class enterprise security and durability, as well as the longest battery life in a convertible4 of up to 16 hours and 30 minutes5. It also includes the latest security innovations such as HP Sure Start Gen36, the world’s only self-healing BIOS now with run-time memory protection.
· HP Pro x2 612 G2 – this versatile 2-in-1 detachable allows for agile work anywhere in field services, government, healthcare, and retail verticals of up to 11 hours battery life7. The device was built from the ground up for secure work environments and includes a built-in smart card reader, a removable SSD, and the HP Client Security Suite Gen38. It features a removable back cover for easy serviceability.
- HP Z2 Mini Workstation – the world’s first mini workstation9 delivers server grade power but in a compact package just 2.3” high and 90% smaller than a traditional business-class tower10. Twice as powerful as any commercial mini PC on the market today11, it is able to handle CAD users’ fast speed of creation and increasingly complexity of projects to bring their creative visions to life.
- HP mt43 Mobile Thin Client – Mobile cloud computing is easier and more convenient than ever with HP’s thinnest and lightest mobile thin client. The multiple security features, easy-to-use setup and deployment software, and quick access to shared data that employees require make management of this device a breeze for IT managers.
- EliteOne 800 G3 All-in-One – the newly redesigned AiO is the first commercial AiO with dual-facing cameras12, and non-glare touch screen13. Not only does it look good on open floor plans and reception areas, but it also allows desks to be clutter-free for conducive discussions.
· HP Elite x3 Mobile Scanning Solution - This extends the benefits of the HP Elite x3 3-in-1 mobile device beyond the mobile professional to mobilise vertical workflows for healthcare, field and retail workers. The integrated barcode scanner can be used to check prices, access inventory and CRM information on the go and then seamlessly transition to the back-office with the ability to dock and connect to a display, mouse, and keyboard for a full PC experience14.
· HP Elite Slice – An inventive alternative to traditional desktop PC designs, this makes interactive meeting spaces a reality. The clean modular design with no messy cables, a small footprint lets businesses configure their own specific desktop solution. The addition of the Collaboration Cover, Audio Module and Intel Unite software transforms the HP Elite Slice into a complete conferencing solution for meeting rooms.
In addition, to free IT from the burden of managing IT lifecycles to focus on innovation for the Office of the Future, HP offers the Device-as-a-Service programme which makes it simple for businesses to acquire, deploy, manage, and refresh their PC technologies. Customers pay one price per seat on a monthly basis over a three or four year period without any upfront costs. They also get customised services and support from HP, such as PC configuration and installation, onsite break-fix, data migration, proactive support, while having the ability to refresh to the latest HP technology for subsequent contract periods.
HP has enhanced its support services with Proactive Intelligence, part of HP’s suite of tools to optimise device manageability, maintain security and minimise downtime. Proactive Intelligence comprises proactive and predictive technical support including a consolidated dashboard. This dashboard provides analytical insight into the customer’s device inventory, location and condition to detect problems even before they occur.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available athttp://www.hp.com.
1Steelcase Global Report - Engagement & the Global Workplace
2CBRE Research, Asia Pacific Millennials: Shaping the Future of Real Estate Report
3Based on competitors as of 12/1/16 with >1m units annually of convertible, non-detachables having a Windows Pro OS and 6th or 7th generation Intel® vPro™ enabled processors
4Based on competitors as of 12/1/16 with >1m units annually of convertible, non-detachables
5Windows 10/ MM14 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. Seewww.bapco.com for additional details.
6HP Sure Start Gen3 is available on HP Elite products equipped with Intel® 7th generation processors.
7Windows 10 MM14 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. Seewww.bapco.com for additional details.
8HP Client Security Suite Gen3 helps keep your data out of reach and defends against theft, attacks and unauthorised users, with features like HP Multi-Factor Authenticate, HP Device Access Manager, HP SpareKey, and HP Password Manager. HP Client Security Suite requires Windows and Intel® or AMD 7th Gen processors.
9Based on publicly available information of workstation competitors as of October 3, 2016 with volume of at least 1 million units annually as of October 3, 2016 having < 3 litres volume, professional graphics, Intel® Xeon® quad core processor, ISV certified applications, ECC memory.
10Based on business-class towers with >1 million units annually as of October 3, 2016 with performance measured by processor clock speed and ViewPerf12 rating, having 4th or 6th Gen Intel processors or AMD Pro processors, integrated VESA mount, VGA, 6 USB Ports, Windows Pro OS and TPM.
11Based on Ultra Small Desktop category of vendors shipping >1M units annually as of October 3, 2016 based on watts, with 4th or 6th Gen Intel processors or AMD Pro processors, integrated VESA mount, VGA, 6 USB Ports, Windows Pro OS and TPM.
12Based on All in One PCs of vendors with >1 million unit annual PC sales with Windows Pro OS and dual facing cameras as of January 11, 2017.
13Based on All in One PCs of vendors with >1 million unit annual PC sales with Windows Pro OS and non-glare touchscreen as of January 11, 2017
14All peripherals sold separately.
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!