Newest Sonus Session Border Controller Provides Enterprises with a vCPE Option for Securing Unified Communications
Sonus Delivers on Virtualized Enterprise Session Border Controller with General Availability of the SBC SWe Lite
For Immediate Release: March 29, 2017
· The Sonus SBC SWe Lite addresses the need for a virtualized SBC designed for Microsoft Skype for Business and other UC deployments that require an optimized, small resource footprint.
· The SBC SWe Lite is architected to provide complete protection for UC against DoS, toll fraud and exfiltration of critical data.
· Sonus’ virtual eSBC uses the same management and provisioning interface as the Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000, providing enterprise customers a seamless path to virtualization.
APJ – Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in securing Cloud and real-time communications, today announced the general availability of the Sonus Session Border Controller Software edition Lite (SBC SWe Lite). Sonus’ newest SBC is optimized for small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs), providing a virtual Customer Premise Equipment (vCPE) option for security and interworking of Skype for Business and other Unified Communications (UC) deploymentsthat require an optimized, small resource footprint.
Based on the same foundation that drives the award-winning Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000, the newest member of the Sonus SBC Edge portfolio provides SMBs with a seamless path to virtualization. Additionally, the SBC SWe Lite leverages key optimizations from the SBC SWe to provide reliability and scale in enterprise Cloud deployments.
The foundational strength of the SBC SWe Lite is its ability to deliver enhanced security and encryption services in a compact virtual footprint. It is architected to provide complete protection for UC against Denial of Service (DoS) attacks, toll fraud and exfiltration of critical data. The SBC SWe Lite acts as a virtual, real-time SIP firewall, providing protection and compliance for enterprise networks to ensure maximum uptime and availability of VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration.
For ease of use purposes, the SBC SWe Lite uses the same management, provisioning interface and intuitive Graphical User Interface as the SBC 1000 and SBC 2000. This allows existing enterprise customers to quickly and seamlessly migrate from hardware to software without additional investments in training or equipment.
With improved agility and flexibility in mind, the SBC SWe Lite supports popular virtualization environments such as Microsoft® Hyper-V®, VMware® vSphere® Hypervisor and Linux TM KVM. These choices enable enterprises to quickly and seamlessly install the SBC SWe Lite. Sonus’ virtual enterprise SBC (eSBC) also enables rapid expansion or feature activation remotely via a simple license key, eliminating the need for on-site technicians or disruption to operations during peak business hours.
“The Sonus SBC SWe Lite provides enterprise customers with the same advanced security of the SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 in an affordable, compact virtual footprint,” said Mykola Konrad, vice president, Product Management and Marketing, Sonus. “Customers, partners and resellers now have peace of mind leveraging Sonus proven Cloud experience to take advantage of the shift to virtualized network functions.”
· Sonus is located at Booth 601 at Enterprise Connect.
· The Sonus SBC SWe is the virtualized version of the Sonus SBC Core portfolio – the SBC 5000 Series and SBC 7000. The SBC SWe Lite is the virtualized version of the Sonus SBC Edge portfolio – the SBC 1000 and SBC 2000.
· The full Sonus SBC portfolio was recognized as 2016 Network Security Excellence Award Winners by TMCnet.
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!