UBTECH Robotics Introduces STEM-Friendly Jimu Robots for Kids and Teens in Singapore.
Smart Robots. Smarter Kids. An interactive robotic building block system that lets kids easily build, program and share their robot creations.
Singapore, March 17, 2017 - UBTECH Robotics, the company best known globally as the industry leader in artificial intelligence and humanoid robotics today introduced a new line of STEM-friendly Jimu Robots for kids and teens in Singapore.
UBTECH’s Jimu Robot is an interactive robotic building block system that lets kids easily Build, Program and Share their robot creations:
· Build your robot with directed play for specific, pre-designed robots and open-ended play to create whatever you can imagine.
· Program your robot’s movements with pre-set movements and controls to play with immediately, or easily program it with the Jimu Robot App to make it move however you like.
· Share your robot creations with Jimu’s online global community.
“Jimu Robots are a win-win for kids and parents,” said James Zhou, Founder & CEO, UBTECH. “Kids love Jimu because the robots are fun to build and control; parents love Jimu because their children are not only developing valuable STEM skills as they build, program and code, but are also challenged to use and stretch their imaginations as they design their own creations. Jimu truly is that rare gift that bridges the gap between learning and pure fun.”
UBTECH’s available line of Jimu Robot Kits in Singapore include:
Mini Kit (MSRP SGD 229) – Comes with everything needed to build the Muzzbot or Ostrich or Bull robots including four smooth motion robotic servo motors and 253 snap-together interlocking parts and connectors.
Karbot Kit (MSRP SGD 259) - Comes with everything needed to build the Rover or Crusher or Winger robots including three smooth motion robotic servo motors, one infrared sensor and 276 snap-together interlocking parts and connectors.
Buzzbot and Muttbot Kit (MSRP SGD 299) – Comes with everything needed to build the Buzzbot or Muttbot robots including six smooth motion robotic servo motors and 260 snap-together interlocking parts and connectors.
Explorer Kit (MSRP SGD 379) – Comes with everything needed to build five models including a Baby, Parrot, Penguin, T-Rex, and Walrus. The kit includes seven smooth motion robotic servo motors and 561 snap-together interlocking parts and connectors.
Inventor Kit (MSRP SGD 659) – Comes with everything needed to build six models including an Elephant, Giraffe, Humanoid, Mantis, Rhino, and Wolf. The kit includes sixteen smooth motion robotic servo motors and 657 snap-together interlocking parts and connectors.
All Jimu kits include a main control box and a lithium ion battery & adapter and feature:
· Interchangeable Parts – All Jimu Robot parts are interchangeable with other Jimu sets, so after building the official models, you can create your own inventions by mixing with parts from any other set.
· Servo Motors – The key to the Jimu Robots’ amazingly lifelike movements is the high-torque robotic servo motor, allowing for fluidity and stability when moving from one pose to another.
· Jimu Robot App – The free app provides easy-to-follow 3D-illustrated building instructions, pre-programmed actions, Pose-Record-Play and direct-servo programming, Blockly coding to sequence your actions, and an in-App “Joystick” remote to control your Jimu Robot in real time on your smart device. The app also serves as a portal to a closed online community of Jimu enthusiasts.
Jimu Robot is a great way to engage kids in STEM curriculum through robotics. The application of robotic functioning and programming will get kids well-prepared for the future.
Jimu Robots were built from the ground up to specifically meet the needs of STEM curriculum:
· Science (physics, electronics)
· Technology (advanced motors, sensors)
· Engineering Arts (building & creating, software-hardware interface)
· Math (geometry, balance and programming)
Jimu Robot teaches kids computational thinking and focuses on the real world application of problem solving, expanding their understanding and mastery of:
· Logical, lateral & spatial thinking
· Problem-solving & planning
· Creative & critical thinking
· 3D hands-on engineering
· Team building & cooperation
· Trial and error experimentation
For more information on UBTECH and its line of Jimu Robots, visit www.jimurobots.com
The five Jimu Robots kit are available now in key retailers such as Tangs Orchard, Robinsons Heeren, Harvey Norman, Nubox Stores, Changi Airport Terminal 1, 2 & 3, Analogue+, hachi.tech (Online) Courts (Online), and authorized UBTECH retailers in Singapore.
UBTECH is exclusively distributed by Ban Leong Technologies Limited in Singapore. Visit the company at www.banleong.com.sg
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!