Earlier at IFA Berlin 2017, we announced that the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update will be available worldwide on October 17.
With the Fall Creators Update, Microsoft is introducing new ways to get creative. As part of this update, Microsoft will deliver a new photo experience that will allow users to tell their story like never before using photos, videos and 3D effects; enhancements in gaming, security, accessibility, as well as new immersive experiences made possible by Windows Mixed Reality. Some key features include:
- Enhancements to Windows Inking
- New Photos Application to deliver remixed experiences for users to tell their stories better with photos, videos, music, 3D effects, and event inking
- OneDrive Files On-Demand, which allows OneDrive users to access their files in the cloud, without using up local storage space
- Updated Game Mode which allows games to use fill processing power of their Windows 10 device
- Enhanced security, with updated Windows Defender
- We are also making Windows more accessible for those with Lou Gehrig’s disease
If you’ve missed our announcements on Windows Mixed Reality, we also announced earlier that Windows Mixed Reality headsets will start shipping later this year from our partners which include HP, Lenovo, Dell and Acer. The upcoming Windows Mixed Reality headsets will be the first to deliver VR experiences with built-in sensors to track physical position without requiring users to purchase and install external sensors in their rooms. Users will be delighted to know that Microsoft is currently working with an incredible set of partners such as 343 Industries, to bring the best immersive experiences to the Windows Store. Additionally, Steam content will also run on Windows Mixed Reality headsets.
In addition, the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update will come to life on our partners’ new premium and modern mainstream devices. Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, and Lenovo introduced new Windows 2-in-1s, laptops, all-in-ones, and gaming PCs that feature Intel’s latest 8th generation Core i7 processors, with the latest NVIDIA graphics cards that enable Windows Mixed Reality experiences, deliver all-day battery life, offer OLED and 4K screens for the most stunning visuals and much more to elevate users’ personal computing experience.
You can find out more about the upcoming Windows 10 Fall Creators Update here: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/09/01/create-and-play-this-holiday-with-the-windows-10-fall-creators-update-coming-oct-17/. You can catch up on Microsoft’s IFA 2017 keynote on Windows Blog, and all relevant news from the conference here.