NVIDIA has released a new Game Ready Driver for Fortnite Battle Royale. The driver also supports NVIDIA’s newest GeForce Experience beta feature, Freestyle.
Available on or before launch day, NVIDIA Game Ready Drivers provide the best experience for GeForce gamers because NVIDIA engineers work up until the last possible minute to optimise performance and perfect gameplay. And as an additional verification of quality, every Game Ready Driver is WHQL-certified by Microsoft.
Another important aspect of NVIDIA Game Ready drivers is that at they are often used as a delivery mechanism to add new features for our GeForce users. This Game Ready driver adds ShadowPlay Highlights support for Fortnite Battle Royale as well as support for the initial beta version of NVIDIA Freestyle.
Fortnite Battle Royale Gets ShadowPlay Highlights
ShadowPlay Highlights automatically captures your greatest gaming achievements in video and screenshot. Integrated directly with the game, it knows precisely when that magic moment will happen – whether a boss fight or killing spree – and automatically records it using ShadowPlay technology.
ShadowPlay Highlights will be supported in Fornite Battle Royale, on Jan 10.
Additionally, this driver adds ShadowPlay Highlights support for Crossout and Elex.
NVIDIA Freestyle: New GeForce Experience Feature to Customise Your Games
The latest feature for GeForce Experience, NVIDIA Freestyle, allows you to apply post-processing filters to your games while you play. Right from the in-game overlay, you can change the look and mood of your game with tweaks to color or saturation, or apply dramatic post-process filters.
At launch there are a total of 15 filters with 38 different settings (some filters have multiple settings). They include:
- Black and White
- Half Tone
- Night Mode
- Depth of Field
- Special FX
Freestyle lets you be more creative with your games. For example, you can create a retro war-themed filter for your favorite FPS or enhance colour and contrast to make a game look more photorealistic.
Freestyle’s more serious uses include a colourblind mode that makes it easier of colourblind gamers to differentiate between colours. Gamers can even use night mode, which reduces blue colour so users can sleep better after a night of gaming.
We’ve integrated Freestyle at the driver level for seamless compatibility with games. We’re releasing the Freestyle game filters beta with support for over 100 game titles.
Please share with your readers.
- NVIDIA Press extranet: www.nvidia-press.com
- NVIDIA Game Ready Driver: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
- Game Ready Driver for Fortnite Battle Royale story on GeForce.com: https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/fortnite-shadowplay-highlights-game-ready-driver
- GeForce Experience at CES 2018 blog post featuring NVIDIA Freestyle: https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2018/01/07/geforce-experience-freestyle-ansel-ces
- GeForce Experience at CES 2018 GeForce.com story featuring NVIDIA Freestyle:https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/fortnite-shadowplay-highlights-game-ready-driver
- Fortnite Battle Royale: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/home
- Crossout gets ShadowPlay Highlights: https://crossout.net/en/news/397/current/#/