AMD Brings the Future of Computing to Life
at 2015 International CES
at 2015 International CES
— New APU, GPU and embedded products from AMD and partners showcase breakthrough computing experiences for enthusiasts, gamers and mainstream consumers alike —
SINGAPORE — 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) — Jan. 6, 2015 — AMD(NASDAQ: AMD) and its technology partners are ready to wow attendees of the 2015 International CES with a wide range of new products and technology demonstrations that showcase AMD’s view of the future of computing, and reinforce the company’s surround computing leadership. The company will showcase an array of innovations powered by the latest AMD Accelerated Processing Unit (APU), Radeon™ Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) technologies, and embedded designs that push the boundaries of modern computing.
“AMD is contributing to the excitement of CES 2015 with new graphics and computing technology that powers breakthrough consumer and commercial computing experiences of today and tomorrow,” said John Byrne, senior vice president and general manager, Computing and Graphics business group, AMD. “This year, we continue to see inspiring developments in virtual reality, Ultra high Definition 4K resolution computing and beyond, computing form factor and intuitive user interface innovation. AMD is thrilled to power the best of these with new generations of our smart, innovative, and efficient technology.”
2015 AMD at CES Highlights:
· The next generation of mobile computing – AMD’s first high-performance system-on-a-chip (SoC) and next-generation Mobile APU codenamed “Carrizo” will be showcased. Expected in market by mid-year, “Carrizo” has been designed for both modern consumer computing habits and the needs of IT departments – a platform built for an always-on, media-centric and productivity-centric lifestyle with support for next-generation APIs such as DirectX® 12, OpenCL™ 2.0, and the forthcoming Windows 10 operating system.
· 4K and beyond – AMD will be demonstrating exceptional ultra-high-definition experiences at 4K resolutions and beyond, spotlighting 4K gaming using AMD Radeon™ R9 graphics and AMD Eyefinity technology, the Apple iMac with 5K Retina display powered by AMD Radeon R9 graphics, and the new Alienware 15 notebooks with 4K display support powered by new AMD Radeon R9 M295X graphics.
· New consumer and commercial client experiences – AMD and its technology partners will present exciting consumer and commercial client computing experiences at CES for work and play, including AMD Face Loginand AMD Gesture Control on the Lenovo IdeaPad Z50 laptop powered by the AMD A10-7300 APU with AMD Radeon™ R6 graphics, accelerated applications on the HP EliteBook 725 G2 powered by the AMD A10 PRO-7350B APU with AMD Radeon™ R6 graphics, innovative ways to manage video content on the HP Envy TouchSmart powered by AMD FX-7500 APU with AMD Radeon™ R7 graphics, and a space-saving home theater PC in the ZOTAC ZBOX PA330 pico Series powered by the AMD A4 Micro-6400T APU.
· AMD FreeSync technology for smoother gaming – FreeSync technology enables an improved gaming experience through dynamic refresh rates that are synchronized to the frame rate of AMD Radeon™ graphics cards and APUs. At CES, AMD’s partners, including, BenQ, LG Electronics, Nixeusm, Samsung, and ViewSonic will showcase the world’s first FreeSync-enabled displays.
· Embedded innovation – QNAP, a leading provider of network attached storage (NAS) systems, will announce that the AMD Embedded G-Series system-on-chip (SoC) is powering their new TVS-x63 platform. Also at CES, AMD will demo various embedded solutions powered by AMD Embedded processors, includingGizmo 2, an open source development board offering outstanding compute and graphics performance for embedded programmers and advanced DIYers; BioDigitalPC, a credit card-sized x86 PC designed for multiple vertical markets; and ThinLabs All-In-One POE Thin Client, ideal for digital signage and point of sale systems.
“Emerging Trends in Gaming” CES SuperSession Panel
Richard Huddy, AMD’s chief gaming scientist, is participating in the CES SuperSession panel “Emerging Trends in Gaming” on January 6 at 11:30 a.m. PST at the Las Vegas Convention Center in the North Hall, room N258 where he and other industry luminaries will discuss the impact that virtual reality, free-to-play and mobile games are having on the global gaming business.
· Read about all of AMD’s CES news here
· Visit AMD at The Venetian at CES Tech West in the San Polo meeting rooms 3402 – 3404
· Read the full QNAP press release
· Join the conversation at #AMDCES
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!