Rackspace Announces AWS Managed Service Offerings at re:Invent
Companies Collaborate to Serve Customers on the AWS Cloud; Rackspace Introduces Fanatical Support® for AWS
Rackspace® (NYSE: RAX) announces an agreement with Amazon Web Services (AWS), under which Rackspace will offer tools, expertise, application management, and operational support to customers on the AWS Cloud. The core offering, Fanatical Support® for AWS, plus three additional beta offerings – Managed Security for AWS, Compliance Assistance for AWS, and Managed Cloud for Adobe Experience Manager (which runs on AWS) – reflect Rackspace’s strategy of delivering best in class expertise and support for the world’s leading technologies and platforms.
Many businesses want to realize the power of the AWS Cloud and in doing so seek assistance from a trusted partner with a track record of managing business-critical cloud environments. In addition, many enterprises are on a multi-phased journey to the cloud and benefit from migration services that speed deployment, as well as ongoing operating expertise that can adapt to a company’s evolving set of business and technology needs.
Fanatical Support for AWS provides businesses with managed cloud services, tools, and applications that allow customers to focus on their core business. Rackspace blends automation, technology, and human expertise to deliver ongoing architecture, management, security services, and 24x7x365 operations, all backed by AWS-certified engineers and architects.
In addition, Rackspace has become an Amazon Web Services (AWS) authorized reseller, completed the audit to become a Managed Services Partner, and is joining the AWS Partner Network at the Advanced Consulting Partner level with over 100 certified AWS engineers.
"We have been with Rackspace since 2004 and the company has a proven reputation of delivering the highest level of customer support," said Jonathan Issler, Director of Operational Technology at Infosnap. "We have some workloads that run on AWS as well and we've researched other companies that could potentially provide support for this platform, but none were a good fit. When Rackspace approached us about its Fanatical Support for AWS offering, we signed immediately based on the strength of their managed cloud experience and expertise."
The inaugural set of offerings addresses a wide range of customer needs, for both infrastructure and application use cases:
· Fanatical Support for AWS is available in two service levels: Navigator™, for customers who want to maintain exclusive operational control, but benefit from Rackspace tooling and expertise, and Aviator™, for customers who want Rackspace to fully manage their AWS environments. Both service levels are now available for all U.S. customers and in beta for non-U.S. customers, across all AWS regions except AWS GovCloud (U.S.) and China (Beijing).
· Rackspace Managed Security for AWS provides advanced host and network level threat detection with centralized security logging and analysis, all backed by a 24x7x365 Rackspace security operations center. Rackspace Compliance Assistance for AWS is also available to help customers with PCI and other security compliance goals. Both offerings are now available in beta for Fanatical Support for AWS customers.
· Rackspace Managed Cloud for Adobe Experience Manager simplifies and accelerates Experience Manager deployments for digital marketing leaders. It helps solve for the complexity of hosting, configuring, and operating Experience Manager by providing a managed automation platform on AWS, backed by Rackspace support and expertise. Managed Cloud for Adobe Experience Manager is now available in beta for U.S. customers in the U.S. East (Northern Virginia), U.S. West (Oregon), and U.S. West (Northern California) AWS regions.
“We’re pleased to see Rackspace support AWS customers and achieve membership in the AWS Managed Service Program,” said Terry Wise, Vice President of Worldwide Partner Ecosystem, Amazon Web Services, Inc. “A growing number of businesses who want the benefits of the AWS Cloud will find value in working with AWS Managed Service Partners like Rackspace. We have been impressed with Rackspace’s commitment to include beta customers in their AWS managed service offerings, along with certifying a large number of their technical staff.”
“Our mission is to provide best-of-breed customer service and expertise on top of the world’s leading technologies, and we see substantial demand from customers who want to leverage AWS for mission critical applications,” said Chris Cochran, Senior Vice President and General Manager at Rackspace. “Launching our new business unit and adding AWS support to our portfolio of managed service offerings enables us to give our customers more choice in their infrastructure deployments. Fanatical Support and the AWS Cloud are a potent combination; we’re thrilled to now make it available.”
For more information on these products and pricing details, visit:
- Fanatical Support for AWS
- Rackspace Managed Security and Compliance Assistance for AWS
- Rackspace Managed Cloud for Adobe Experience Manager
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!