SAP Greater China Achieves Record High Results
Best Quarter Ever in Q4 and Biggest Year Ever in 2015
· SSRS revenue achieved double-digit growth in Q4
· Cloud business soared with triple-digit growth in Q4
· SAP Hybris hit triple-digit growth in Q4
· Full Year SAP HANA business delivered double-digit growth, adoption of SAP S/4HANA surged
· Business in Taiwan completely turned around
Hong Kong — January 26, 2016— SAP today announced that software and software-related service (SSRS) delivered record-breaking double-digit growth in the fourth quarter, maintaining an exceptional growth momentum throughout the year. SAP Greater China finished the year with its best quarter ever in Q4 and biggest year ever in 2015.
The cloud business soared with triple-digit growth in Q4, driven by twin engines, Ariba and SuccessFactors. Ariba exceeded expectations, reporting a six-fold year-on-year increase. For the full year, cloud again delivered spectacular double-digit growth, for the third year in a row.
SAP HANA business also sustained double-digit growth for the full year. Customer adoption of the SAP S/4HAHA, the most advanced in-memory platform available today, accelerated sharply with more than 210 customers across the region at the end of 2015.
SAP Hybris also delivered tremendous triple-digit growth in Q4. As eCommerce continues to boom in China, customers are turning to SAP Hybris for omni-channel customer engagement and commerce solutions.
Besides the record high business performance, SAP also greatly enhanced engagement with China’s top stakeholders in 2015. At the 2ndWorld Internet Conference held in Wuzhen in December, President of SAP Greater China, Mark Gibbs demonstrated SAP’s advanced solutions to China’s top leaders. In the same month, SASAC officials paid a visit to SAP Innovation Centre in Potsdam, exploring areas of collaboration.
“Today, we made history for SAP China. Our fantastic performance in 2015 resulted from the successful execution of our strategy, as well as our commitment to make China our second home,” said Mark Gibbs. “As we head into 2016, we are more determined than ever to work with the entire IT ecosystems and help our customers in China Run Simple.”
Key customer wins and go lives in Q4 FY15:
· Lenovo Group is a multinational computer technology company. Lenovo is expanding its SAP HANA footprint by moving data from all systems to the SAP HANA platform. With an integrated IT infrastructure that provides real time information, Lenovo aims to improve profitability, drive innovation and transform into a customer-centric company. The company will also implement SAP Ariba to streamline its procurement processes for all regions and catalogues while enabling Lenovo to do business with its suppliers through the Internet to increase efficiency and reduce TCO.
· Reignwood is a multinational enterprise with diversified investments in key growth industries in China and around the world that has activities in international trading, property management, sports & culture, tourism, and vitamin drinks. Reignwood chose SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA plus a host of other SAP solutions to integrate and simplify business operations, centralize its finance and HR businesses, and meet the company’s strategic goal to build a Big Data analysis platform that will make Reignwood a smart, real-time enterprise. It also plans to leverage Industry 4.0 concepts to evolve into a smart factory.
· Guangxi Yuchai Machinery Group Co., Ltd is a leading machinery manufacturer in China. Yuchai is implementing a three-year IT plan for a “One SAP” roadmap to guarantee its IT ROI. They plan to cover LOBs (sales, technical & quality, manufacturing, management and administration) as well as 35 subsidiary projects, including Hybris, PDMS, VE, APO, MES, and BPC, and will upgrade the entire database to SAP HANA. SAP will help Yuchai optimize its internal management processes and increase its competitive differentiation. Yuchai also wants to become the benchmark of Sino-German Industrial 4.0 cooperation in the engine industry.
· BGI, a world leader in cutting-edge life sciences technology, chose SAP SuccessFactors solutions, including SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central, to set up an up-to-date and globalized core HR system. With their HR system in the cloud, SAP SuccessFactors solutions allow BGI to be more focused on other productive systems, while providing its workforce with top notch functionality.
· Jiangsu Five Star Appliance Co., Ltd. operates a chain of household appliances and consumer electronics retail stores in China. Five Star Appliance selected SAP as its digital transformation partner and bought SAP S/4HANA, Hybris, CRM, etc. With SAP’s smart and highly efficient solutions, combined with its rich experience in appliance retail and deep insights into market trends and consumer needs, Five Start Appliance is determined to become a "smart home" solution provider. To make the front end consumer touch points more flexible and efficient, SAP will help the company create a robust middle layer on top of its back-office functionalities in order to simplify and integrate all business channels. Digitizing the stores and ultimately the entire enterprise through SAP solutions is also a top priority. With SAP, Five Star Appliance expects to realize its omni-channel strategy and digital transformation, and grow to CNY 40 billion revenue by 2019.
· Shanghai Sunshine Concept Packaging Co., Ltd. provides integrated printing and packaging solutions from creative graphic design, packaging materials, production to logistics. The customer will implement SAP S/4HANA to rapidly deploy its new business and support e-commerce business in the future. It will use SAP SRM to consolidate all procurement requirements to get better prices in the market. In addition to extending its value chain, the company will adopt a new business model in an Internet environment.
· Sanliuyidu (China) Co., Ltd (361) is a major Chinese supplier of shoes and sporting goods. As long term partners, SAP and 361 will establish a co-innovation center, the first of its kind in China’s sports fashion industry, in order to build an integrated digital infrastructure to enable sustainable growth for 361. With fashion retail as its core business, 361 is dedicated to diversifying its business with multiple brands and categories, improve its competitiveness and realize a business transformation from a traditional business to a fashion retailer.
· A Chinese drugstore chain, LBX Pharmacy Chain Co., Ltd (LBX) chose SAP Hybris Commerce, Hybris Marketing, and SAP Customer Activity Repository to facilitate its traditional retail to omni-channel digital transformation and to drive a customer centric digital transformation in its brick-and-mortar stores. SAP will provide LBX with a single view of the customer and products across the entire enterprise, so that sales, marketing and other functions can work together against the same rich and accurate data that will help forge deeper relationships and simpler experiences the customers are asking for. With its omni-channel digital transformation, LBX aims to optimize inventory turnover ratio, enable in-store sales people to leverage up-sell and cross-sell digital tools, and increase customer loyalty and advocacy through real-time customer segmentation and contextual marketing.
· Beijing Betterlife Automobile Import & Export Group, aiming to become a leading end-to-end automotive dealer group, selected SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA and Hybris marketing solutions to improve internal management processes and deliver precision marketing, bringing the company closer to its customers and transform into a more service-focused automotive dealership group.
· Cheng Shin Rubber Industry Co. in Taiwan is the ninth largest tire company in the world with ambitions to become one of the top five. It will implement SAP S/4HANA and a suite of other SAP solutions to integrate its subsidiaries, achieve greater transparency, and improve productivity. The company expects SAP solutions to help consolidate operations on a single platform with better visibility and traceability in preparation for accelerated growth.
· Shihlin Paper Co., Ltd. in Taiwan specializes in the production and sale of paper-related products. The company has selected SAP S/4HANA to control costs, reduce manpower, and enhance efficiency. SAP Business Warehouse/Business Objects will optimize enterprise operation processes. The SAP HANA platform with in-memory computing technology will accelerate data processing efficiency for cross-validation and deliver data around product performance in real-time to the board, so that management can predict potential market demand and make precise decisions.
· Pou Chen Corporation, a diversified global conglomerate headquartered in Taiwan, selected SAP SuccessFactors solutions to streamline and automate Talent processes. Pou Chen expects to enhance operational efficiencies and improve employee engagement by delivering an easy to use HR technology with consistent user experiences.
· Everest Textile in Taiwan develops and supplies high value-added and innovative textiles to global leading brands in sports, outdoor, city, casual, and industrial materials. The company went live with SAP S/4HANA, Business Objects, and Simple Finance to support the company’s digital transformation as they embrace an industry 4.0 strategy. SAP core ERP provides a single platform with centralized and standardized processes and real-time business analytics which are key to the company’s transformation. With the SAP implementation, Everest expects to gain real-time access to enterprise analytics and transparency from “shop-floor to top-floor” for improved decision-making, reduced labor costs, and to prepare the company to take advantage of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade agreement.
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!