Xero Announces New Singapore-based Regional Headquarters, Regional Managing Director and Strategic Partnerships to Support Accelerating Growth in Asia
Singapore 1 March, 2016 — Xero, (@Xero), the global leader in cloud accounting software for small businesses, today announced the next phase of its growth in Asia with the opening of its Singapore office. Xero also announced strategic partnerships with leading businesses, including Visa, United Overseas Bank (UOB) and HReasily, at its Singapore Roadshow. Opened by Andy Lark, Xero’s chief marketing and business officer, industry leaders from Google, Microsoft, Visa and UOB joined the Xero Roadshow.
Connecting small business service providers in Asia gives small businesses and their accountants and bookkeepers easier access to the services and funds they need to manage and grow their business. During the roadshow Xero made the following announcements:
● To meet the demand and build on the recent success of the region, Xero will be expanding its presence with a new Asia regional headquarters in Singapore and a newly appointed Regional Managing Director, Alex Campbell. Alex will be joining Xero from STW where he was a senior executive and led the group’s expansion throughout Asia. Alex will lead Xero’s growth into Asia, focusing initially on the key markets of Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore while also pursuing Xero’s opportunities throughout the region.
● To help small businesses meet their tax obligations, Xero has met the technical requirements to reside on the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) Accounting Software Register.
● Xero is exploring alliances with United Overseas Bank (UOB) to help small businesses reduce the time and resources put into account reconciliation. The potential alliance will enable small businesses to have a better view of their financial position using Xero’s accounting dashboard. UOB is expected to be the first Singapore bank to have an alliance with Xero.
● Last week in Kuala Lumpur, Xero announced that CIMB Bank and Xero will partner together to provide direct bank feeds to customers via integration between their systems.
● Available soon in Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore, Xero will integrate with Visa IntelliLink, a web-based tool to help small businesses manage cash flow more efficiently by monitoring expenses easily. The Xero and Visa IntelliLink integration will make it easier for small businesses to claim expenses.
● HReasily, a Xero add-on partner will enable small businesses to improve productivity by streamlining HR work processes such as payroll processing, leave management and claim applications and will be initially offered in Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong.
● WorkflowMax - Xero will bring its powerful, fully integrated, workflow management software to bookkeepers and accountants across the region.
Comments on the news:
Xero’s Chief Marketing and Business Officer, Andy Lark says, “With millions of small businesses across the Asia region it is important for Xero to expand its presence and cement relationships with partners like UOB and Visa, and help the region’s accountants, bookkeepers and small businesses thrive and grow.”
“As a region Asia is experiencing a substantial shift to the cloud and uptake of technology amongst small businesses. As market leaders in cloud accounting in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, Xero will help small businesses access best-in-class business tools in order to grow.”
Xero’s Regional Managing Director for Asia, Alex Campbell says, “I am excited at the opportunity to establish Xero in the region and build on the success of its global business. We’re committed to helping small businesses in the region grow, as well as working with the accountants and partners who serve them. Xero integrates with hundreds of other software solutions and we’re continually growing the Xero ecosystem. Our new strategic partnerships will save small businesses administration time and give them access to information to make smart, informed decisions.”
United Overseas Bank’s Country Head of Business Banking Singapore, Mervyn Koh says, “As the cost of business increases and competition becomes more intense, productivity enhancements have become a priority for small businesses to achieve sustainable growth. Through a potential alliance with Xero, UOB’s customers will be the first in the market to harness the efficiency of Xero’s latest productivity software to help them save time, cut costs, and make better use of their resources.”
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!