muru-D Singapore’s startups set for next phase of global growth
SINGAPORE – 9 March 2017 – Eight startups from across South East Asia have taken an important step forward in becoming sustainable global businesses by completing the second round of muru-D Singapore’s accelerator program, collectively adding more than 12,000 new customers and increasing revenues by more than S$300,000 in the process.
The Telstra-backed accelerator, muru-D Singapore, showcased its graduating cohort at its demo night, featuring businesses across education, fitness, logistics, micro-financing, recruitment, behavioural analytics and digital directory services. Through the six-month muru-D program, each startup received S$40,000 in seed capital, access to muru-D’s Amoy Street premises, introductions to world-class mentors, coaches and Telstra experts, and an international trip to Silicon Valley and New York.
“We’re pleased that muru-D continues to play a key role in the startup ecosystem in Singapore. The teams have shown great passion and tenacity over the past six months and I am really excited to see them grow from here. Of course, we will continue to provide post-program support as they raise funds and expand into other markets,” said Jamie Camidge, Head of muru-D Singapore.
“Without access to the muru-D staff and their comprehensive network of mentors and advisors and their tools, it would have been exponentially more difficult to move our business forward,” said Swami Sekar of startup Winimy.
Through muru-D, Telstra aspires to attract the region’s best digital talent, foster local technology innovation and grow the entrepreneurial ecosystem. A core component of the muru-D program is adopting a global mindset and accessing big markets through an international network that includes alliances with other global accelerators – 500 Startups, The Icehouse, The Junction, Chinaccelerator and HAX.
muru-D Singapore’s second graduating cohort:
- amtiss, Indonesia – amtiss helps mining companies improve heavy equipment uptime and lifetime, by standardising the maintenance process and optimising resource consumption.
- CheckIt, Vietnam – CheckIt provides book summaries from the world’s top non-fiction titles for busy professionals in South East Asian languages.
- FreightKart, Singapore – FreightKart is a shipping services and price aggregator helping small businesses query, compare and transact online for end-to-end freight solutions.
- Hafta, Malaysia – Hafta is revolutionising the way organisations capture and report key dimensions of a person’s personality and their performance, providing certainty in human-related decisions.
- PlanforFit, Thailand – PlanforFit online helps people achieve their weight-loss goals without crash dieting and while doing less exercise.
- Teman Usaha, Indonesia – Teman Usaha is a mobile application allowing Indonesian small businesses to compare and apply for loans easily and quickly.
- Winimy, Singapore – SeeChat by Winimy powers the digital directories of the future with chat, e-commerce and artificial intelligence based services.
- Zelos, Indonesia – Zelos is a recruitment platform helping Indonesia's enterprises hire millennials through visually-engaging content and a culture-fit assessment test.
muru-D will be opening applications for its third Singapore cohort in June 2017. For more information about muru-D’s accelerator program, please visit https://muru-d.com/.
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!