Here are some of the key information that we got about the Google Wifi. Stay tuned for the upcoming review of the Google Wifi as we go through how well it performs in a real setting.
- AC1200 2×2 Wave 2 Wi-Fi
- Expandable mesh Wi-Fi
- Simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz / 5GHz) supporting IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Two 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports per point. WAN and LAN on primary Wifi point; both act as LAN ports on additional Wifi points
- Up to 2,700 square feet of coverage
- Handles 4K video streaming and HD gaming simultaneously
- Network Assist switches Wi-Fi channels automatically based on congestion. It also selects the best band as well as the nearest Wi-Fi point for you.
- Alerts you if the ISP is offline
- Scheduled Pausing
- Prioritize the network activity of a device
- Separate guest network
Improvements Since Launch in US
The only changes made to Google Wifi is its software. Multiple updates has been made to bring in new features. One of which is the Scheduled Pause feature which enables for the pausing of any network activity for any selected device. However, take note that there were no changes made to the hardware.
Sole Partner: StarHub
Starting 31 August 2017, customers will be able to get a three-pack Google Wifi at $0 upfront cost when they sign up for or renew selected StarHub Broadband or Hubbing all-in-one plans. The plans include StarHub’s standalone 1Gbps Fibre Broadband service as well as multi-service SurfHub , HomeHub 1000 and HomeHub Go 1Gbps bundles.
With StarHub’s interest-free instalment scheme, customers will be able to split the payment at $15 per month over 24 months through their StarHub bill (Usual Price: $597). During service installation, a trained StarHub Hub Trooper will recommend the best placement to address Wi-Fi blind spots for customers to enjoy quality whole-home Wi-Fi coverage.