Adobe Sensei Transforms Brand Emails Through Design and Intelligence
Survey Shows Consumers’ Email Expectations Are Putting Pressure on Brands
SINGAPORE – 5 September 2017 – Email continues to thrive, even as technology transforms the way consumers interact. A recent Adobe survey, found that email is the preferred way to receive offers from brands for over two thirds (67 percent) of white-collar Australian employees. However, with Australian professionals only opening 67 percent of personal emails and two-thirds of respondents spending one hour or less checking their personal email per day, marketers are increasingly challenged. According to the research, nearly half (48 percent) of respondents prefer to check personal emails on their smartphone, compared to only 29 percent who prefer to use desktop. Additionally, consumer expectations are higher than ever, and personalisation is key, with one third of respondents reporting frustration when brands recommend items that do not match their interests. Therefore, in order to successfully engage their audience, marketers must ensure their content is personalised and optimised for mobile.
To address consumers’ email behavior and expectations, Adobe today unveiled new email innovations that help brands lead with experience and avoid adding to the noise of the inbox. Adobe Campaign in Adobe Marketing Cloud, part of Adobe Experience Cloud enables marketers to send hyper-personalised, engaging emails based on customer knowledge and interactions. Artificial intelligence and machine learning through Adobe Sensei powers Adobe Campaign’s predictive capabilities. Adobe was recently recognised for its email and campaign management capabilities in Gartner’s Critical Capabilities for multichannel campaign management.
“As brands continue to embrace email marketing as a pivotal component to build delightful, holistic experiences, many struggle with meeting customers’ heightened demands,” said Stephan Dietrich, vice president, Adobe Campaign. “Our new email innovations further cement our leadership in helping enterprises provide beautiful, compelling emails that enhance customer relationships, brand awareness and ultimately sales.”
Adobe Campaign’s new capabilities and innovations from its labs enable email marketers to:
· Predict the best images for emails: Adobe is previewing an email project in development in its labs for potential future integration in Adobe Campaign, which leverages Adobe Sensei to select the most relevant images to include in an email to drive conversions. As an image is inserted into an email, a score is calculated based on industry data of how customers have reacted to similar images based on three million assets. The algorithm automatically recommends how to adjust the image to achieve a higher engagement rate. For example, the feature may predict that an outdoor gear retailer’s spring promotion email will perform better serving up an orange six-person tent versus a blue two-person tent. The capability builds on the predictive subject line capability available in Adobe Campaign Standard today.
· Predict customer churn: Adobe is also previewing a forward-looking email project with Adobe Sensei to analyse changes in customers’ usage and engagement of Adobe Campaign, such as a drastic decrease in volume of emails sent, changes in the frequency of features used and contract terms to predict customers who are likely to churn in the future. Armed with this insight, Adobe can proactively help customers remedy their challenges, increase their productivity and gain better results with their solution, ultimately preventing customers from churning.
· Quickly and easily act on insights: Many email marketers lack an integrated analysis of their campaigns’ effectiveness, making it hard to adjust what’s not working. Addressing this challenge, Adobe Campaign’s dynamic reporting presents actionable data in real-time and visualises email campaign insights that don’t require a data science background. Email marketers can now get even more granular with the ability to drill-down via any dimension and adjust the report with a drag-and-drop interface. This quickly determines high-performing email campaigns and those that need adjustments. Dynamic reporting is available now and extends the functional capability of Adobe Analytics Cloud’s Analysis Workspace capability directly into Adobe Campaign.
· Create multilingual email campaigns: Gone are the days of painstakingly creating individual email campaigns for each and every language needed to reach consumers. Adobe is helping marketers seamlessly scale their campaigns across the globe with an integration between Adobe Campaign and Adobe Experience Manager. Email marketers can now author and translate compelling, personalised multilingual emails directly in Experience Manager and seamlessly orchestrate and deliver the emails via Adobe Campaign.
· Send beautiful emails: Adobe is making it easier for email marketers to design emails by adding 18 new out-of-the-box templates. These templates are mobile-optimised, beautiful layouts that can be easily customised with brands’ content to ease the process of designing emails from scratch. The templates include new customer welcome and reengagement emails, among others.
Adobe Campaign, part of Adobe Marketing Cloud, enables the orchestration and delivery of contextual email and cross-channel marketing campaigns to fuel meaningful customer experiences with scalability and ease. More than 850 customers power their engagement strategy with Adobe Campaign, including Tourism Australia, AccorHotels; BP Global; Christian Dior; Electronics for Imagining; HD Supply; Heathrow Airport Limited; L’Occitane; Renault; Scandinavian Airlines; Sephora; True Value; UBS; and, more.
· Blog post unveiling US consumer survey findings from Kristin Naragon, director of product marketing, Adobe Campaign: https://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2017/08/customers-are-still-email-obsessed-but-theyre-finding-morebalance.html
· Full Australian consumer email survey report http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/au/aboutadobe/newsroom/2017/Consumer_Email_Survey_2017.pdf
· Full United States consumer email survey report https://www.slideshare.net/adobe/adobe-consumer-email-surveyreport-2017
About Adobe Marketing Cloud Adobe Marketing Cloud — part of Adobe Experience Cloud — empowers marketers to deliver experiences that differentiate their brands. Adobe Marketing Cloud — including Adobe Campaign, Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Target, Adobe Social and Adobe Primetime — helps brands manage, personalise, optimise, and orchestrate content, campaigns, and customer journeys. The tie-in with Adobe Creative Cloud makes it easy to quickly activate creative assets across all marketing channels.
About Adobe Sensei Adobe Sensei is a framework and set of intelligent services built into the Adobe Cloud Platform which dramatically improve the design and delivery of digital experiences. Adobe Sensei leverages the company’s massive volume of content and data assets, as well as its deep domain expertise in the creative, marketing and document segments, within a unified artificial intelligence/machine learning framework. To learn more, visit adobe.com/go/sensei.
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com/sea. Information and news on Adobe Southeast Asia can also be found on the official Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/AdobeSEA).