Waze, the world’s largest community-based traffic and navigation app, has found that drivers in Singapore are among the least satisfied in the world, according to its 3rd annual global Driver Satisfaction Index.
The Waze Driver Satisfaction Index analyses the driving experience of millions of monthly active Waze users in 39 countries and 217 metros. It measures six qualitative and quantitative attributes: traffic conditions, road quality, road safety, driver services, socio-economic climate, and Wazeyness (happiness and helpfulness) to create numeric scores from satisfied (10) to miserable (1).
Waze Driver Satisfaction Index Highlights:
- In Southeast Asia, Malaysia has been ranked as the best place to drive (number 21 globally). Singapore, Indonesia and The Philippines are ranked 30, 36 and 39 respectively.
- In APAC, Singapore’s driving satisfaction trails behind that of Australia and Malaysia, due to unhappiness with traffic jam length, commute time and helpfulness of the driving community.
- In contrast, Singapore is among the top five countries with the best driver services worldwide, thanks to efficient access to gas stations and easy parking. Russia, Argentina, Hungary and United States rounded out the top five.
- Globally, Venezuela is the only country with a 10 on the happiness index; Singapore scored a 2.3.
- European cities dominate the top of the overall index, occupying eight of the leading ten spots.
- To find out how other countries have fared, please refer to this infographic.
- A Google company, Waze is a free, real-time, crowdsourced navigation app powered by the world’s largest community of drivers.
- A trusted co-pilot, Waze empowers drivers to outsmart traffic with insight from other folks on the road, and provides peace of mind by suggesting the fastest and most optimal route possible to any destination.
- A social navigation pioneer, the app leverages mobile technology and a passionate global community to redefine expectations of today’s maps.
- To download the free Waze app for iOS or Android, visit http://www.waze.com