- Alipay partners brands and brick-and-mortar retailers to further enhance smart lifestyle experience for millions of Mainland Chinese travelers
- Local wallets in Thailand and the Philippines join “Double 12” for the first time this year
Singapore, December 11, 2017 – Alipay, the world’s largest online, mobile payments and lifestyle platform operated by Ant Financial Services Group, today kicked off its 2017 “Double 12” Global Shopping Festival in Southeast Asia, including Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and the Philippines.
Globally, “Double 12” will be seen in 15 countries and territories spanning across four continents. Over 500 brands and 100,000 merchants are participating worldwide to offer exclusive promotions throughout December to Alipay users.
“With Alipay’s global vision to enable smart lifestyle for consumers, ‘Double 12’ Global Shopping Festival is our ‘glocalization’ strategy to achieve the vision through localized service offerings,” said Cherry Huang, General Manager, Cross-border Business for South and Southeast Asia, Alipay.
“The South and Southeast Asia region continues to be an attractive travel destination for Mainland Chinese travelers. Our extensive merchant network in this region across hospitality, F&B, attractions, and shopping will provide Mainland Chinese travelers a cashless experience while they eat, play and entertain. In particular, some of our most attractive ‘Double 12’ promotions are available at airports and prime shopping districts, where millions of Chinese travelers frequent.” Ms. Huang added.
- Apartment store Tangs, Metro and Robinsons on Orchard Road will offer Alipay users discounts of up to 50% on selected products.
- Shopping malls such as Suntec City and attractions such as Resorts World Sentosa, Wildlife Reserve Singapore, and Wild Wild Wet will launch a variety of deals:
- Suntec City: one ¥50 RMB shopping e-coupon and one ¥25 RMB dining e-coupon per Alipay user
- Flying Through Time show admission at Resorts World Sentosa: 40% off when you purchase more than two adult admission tickets
- Jurong Bird Park, Night Safari, River Safari and Singapore Zoo: selected souvenir and drinks at 50% off
- Wild Wild Wet: 50% off the 2nd ticket purchased
- At Suria KLCC, Alipay users will be able to redeem a ¥20 RMB shopping e-coupon and a ¥10 RMB dining e-coupon collected via their Alipay App which can be used at selected merchants. Besides that, over 100 merchants in the shopping complex accept Alipay payments, with many offering 50% discounts to celebrate the shopping festival.
- Over at Robinsons departmental store, Chinese Mainland travelers can enjoy deals of up to 50% off selected items, while Eraman duty-free stores at airports will be holding a Swarovski jewelry lucky draw for Alipay users who spend over ¥2,000 RMB via Huabei (a consumer financing service featured within the Alipay app).
- Apartment store Siam Paragon, Siam Discovery, Siam Center, Emporium, Em Quartier and Bluport will offer Alipay users shopping discounts of up to 50% on selected products.
- Fashion brand LaLaMa by NaRaYa and NARA by NaRaYa will offer Alipay users shopping discounts of up to 50%.
- 7-Eleven convenience stores across Thailand offer 50% discounts on selected products to Alipay users.
In addition, Ant Financial’s strategic partners, including Truemoney in Thailand and GCash in the Philippines, will introduce “Double 12” for local e-wallet users for the first time. In Thailand for example, more than 10,000 merchants will be participating in the 1212 D-day Deals for Truemoney users while 3,000 merchants will offer exclusive discounts on 1212 GCash Day in the Philippines.